RC Not Working

Reaction score
I have just updated the firmware and now the RC won't work .... any suggestions

Which firmware did you update? How did you update it? What doesn't seem to be working as expected?

I just started the drone app for the first time in months and it said Firmware update available so i updated with that one (latest I guess)

Now the RC switching on connects to drone but the controls don't work at all

What color are the back arms lights on your Phantom when the remote controller is connected?

Does the DJI GO app show the remote controller is disconnected? Or does everything seem to be working as expected when looking at the app?

Does the camera tilt when moving the left wheel?

If you try to calibrate the remote controller in DJI GO, do you see the sticks moving in the calibration section of DJI GO when you move them?

Yes, that works fine ...... You can take off in beginner mode but then the controls don't work

@simlewis,

Welcome to the forum!

Hum,
The link light on the remote and the bottom of Phantom are green?
But you can't control the camera?

"You can take off in beginner mode but then the controls don't work"
You actually took off?

Have you done the remote calibration?
You start it with the app, the Phantom has to be powered off.

Rod

Thanks Rod,

Yes I took off in beginners mode but nothing else works

Yes done the remote calibration and lights are Green.

The drone has been stored perfectly in a box so this is a mystery

Just to be sure the remote calibration is not the same as re-linking the remote control to the Phantom.

Rod

When taking off, are you using the auto takeoff feature or are you manually taking off with the sticks?

I am of of course using Auto Take Off as like I already said the RC doesn't respond

Did you try downgrading the firmware to see if that resolves the issue (to rule out the firmware upgrade as the cause)? At that point, you could try upgrading to the current version again.

I have done and tried EVERYTHING discussed here but the message in the top left of my camera scream says.....REMOTE DISCONNECTED . My back lights flash yellow...my controller status light is green but I can't fly after the update.

HELP

Unrelated.....did you get a SD card in your Phantom or did you have to buy one ?
I upgraded to the 32 gig but it doesn't fit in the Phantom. It has a spur on the side of it.
What am I missing and doing wrong ????

Hum, what color is the (light / button) on the bottom of phantom?

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl