RC connection lost at short distances

Reaction score
My Phantom loses connection to the transmitter at distances of just a few feet. Sometimes just orienting the transmitter differently reconnects it at distances of 5-6 feet, but past about 10 feet there is no connection and the yellow light blinks continuously. I have a newer model with the dual antenna, have updated the firmware, recalibrated the transmitter, and put new batteries in.

Very annoying to fire it up, get it in the air, and then as soon as it loses connection it flies up to 20m and then lands at the home position. At least it does that much!

jfheinrichs said:
My Phantom loses connection to the transmitter at distances of just a few feet. Sometimes just orienting the transmitter differently reconnects it at distances of 5-6 feet, but past about 10 feet there is no connection and the yellow light blinks continuously. I have a newer model with the dual antenna, have updated the firmware, recalibrated the transmitter, and put new batteries in.

Very annoying to fire it up, get it in the air, and then as soon as it loses connection it flies up to 20m and then lands at the home position. At least it does that much!

What position are your antennas in? Meaning the transmitter and receiver antenna should be at the same alignment. If your receiver antenna is pointed down then your transmitter antenna should be pointed straight up. If one is at 90 degrees the other should be at 90 degrees.

miskatonic said:
jfheinrichs said:

What position are your antennas in? Meaning the transmitter and receiver antenna should be at the same alignment. If your receiver antenna is pointed down then your transmitter antenna should be pointed straight up. If one is at 90 degrees the other should be at 90 degrees.

That will make NO difference at 5 feet LMAO

No, you have a detached antenna, either inside the TX or the receiver, or worse, a flat-out defective tx/rx.

Did you solved your problem? How?
I tried to replace the factory antenna with a stronger one. But after detaching the antenna cable I bumped in the same problem as you. Lost control just after few feet even if I reconnect the original one.
I inspected all the circuits and they seems fine (no contacts interruptions). Maybe something from the transmission board.

The last post before yours was almost 2 years ago...
The member you're trying to ask hasn't been on this board since last June 2014
He "could" still get an email, but it's unlikely.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl