RC charge

Reaction score
How long usually will the RC battery’s stay charged or how much flight time between charges?

Not to be picky here, but can you post your questions in the appropriate sublevels? You have many questions which could be within one thread without starting another. Most around will help you out.

How long usually will the RC battery’s stay charged or how much flight time between charges?
Uuummm bit confused by question aswell,in app you can set when you want it to start discharging,my p4s batt and my p4p battery get recharged even if I only fly for 2 mins,I normal flight down to 30% for me ,mine will stay 100%charged for 3 days tops,I always check before heading out and sometimes one will charge back up a bit,,,some batt are bit funny like this,,you can get no lights on charger saying it charged but when drone starts up it will say for me between 80 and 96% so discharging is happening before the app tells it,that why I recheck with charger,,,,cold weather seems to speed my process up,,ok at home but I never go have charged,,,,,Yeh Kenny1,if got lots question just spit them all out in one post lol,,,yes forgot to say same with p3s,always charged ready even if it just sits there

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Yes.......Confused like ianzone says above : By what set or batterys are you asking about ?
ianzone did a great job informing you of the "flight pack" airborne batterys !

Kenny 1 i sent you a message check the icon at near top left side looks like a envelope.

Guys - Op asked about RC battery not AC battery. To OP depending on which RC you have, as mileage may vary, my RC for P4p and my P3 RC will last all days flying which is often up to 5-6 AC battery flights of about 20 mins each. I charge RC before I go flying with the batch of batteries I’m taking fir the day. They seem to retain charge pretty well, although there is no control of RC battery discharge as there is with AC batteries via App. Never measured specifics as asked. Trust this helps

Great @Loz , that's time to get glasses lol,shame who invented this age thing ?all that swinting in the sky looking at me drones lol,,I'm just in the habit of flying 2 batterys on me remote before charging,would be interesting if anyone has tested this to see how long the RC safely operates ,,,I'm don't know how signals work if they change or not when batt low ,example,if rc battery was low would the RC signal still stay the same strength or worse,,,????that how I imagine it would work ,,mayby ?..sorry @Kenny1 for misreading,,,medication to strong:oops:

It depends on which Controller / tablet you have.

The Std uses wifi to communicate and therefore has a smaller RC battery ... you should get about 10hrs use out of it .... BUT its best to charge again once you are at 2 solid and 3rd flashing.

The controller should give you more than a good weekends use without any need to charge.

The Pro and Adv have much larger batterys but they connect via cable to the tablet - as soon as tablet charge level drops from full - that cable also starts charging the tablet !
But you should be able to enjoy similar to the Std in use ...

I fly on average 4 - 5x a week ... sometimes 2x a day ... I average charging of my RC about 1x every 2 - 3 weeks ... having never seen either my Std or Pro down to 1 LED yet. I have car charger ready if needed for extended stays away from home ...

Note my post assumes a near or good condition RC battery.

Nigel

I have a P3P with the gl300C remote which I've owned for about 3 months. Bought refurbished from Dji. Some weekends I'll fly all day both days waiting only for AC batteries to recharge and Ive never got my RC below 3 lights. I charged fully out of the box and only 3 times since then. The battery lasts a long time.

Yes.......Confused like ianzone says above : By what set or batterys are you asking about ?
ianzone did a great job informing you of the "flight pack" airborne batterys !

Kenny 1 i sent you a message check the icon at near top left side looks like a envelope.

Cannot find envelope

Kenny......see to the upper left side of this page see the tiny magnifying glass ?........then Right above it a tiny bell symbol..Then to the left of the bell is a small looking letter envelope....you should see a red dot their as thats my icon and click on that to open to view my message !

Kenny......see to the upper left side of this page see the tiny magnifying glass ?........then Right above it a tiny bell symbol..Then to the left of the bell is a small looking letter envelope....you should see a red dot their as thats my icon and click on that to open to view my message !
Got it and thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.