RC Battery Question (LiPo

Reaction score
Hi All, I just took my new P3P out for its maiden flight today. It was a heck of a lot of fun!

Anyway, after 2 batteries worth of flight the remote is down to about 95%. I fly a lot of other RC and I am very familiar with LiPo batteries. It is really bad to leave them with that much charge on them. I know the main Phantom batteries will discharge on their own after a user set amount of time, but I've never read about any feature like this for the radio.

I'm quite worried about this. I could just leave it on but it shuts off after about 10 min of inactivity so I'd have to keep moving one of the flight sticks every so often to keep it from shutting off. Is there some secret I'm not aware of regarding this problem in Phantom land? Are people just allowing them to sit that high between flight sessions (could easily be a couple weeks in my case depending on winter weather).

Thanks a lot all, and I'm excited to fly the hell out of this guy!
-Vlaak

Hi All, I just took my new P3P out for its maiden flight today. It was a heck of a lot of fun!

Anyway, after 2 batteries worth of flight the remote is down to about 95%. I fly a lot of other RC and I am very familiar with LiPo batteries. It is really bad to leave them with that much charge on them. I know the main Phantom batteries will discharge on their own after a user set amount of time, but I've never read about any feature like this for the radio.

I'm quite worried about this. I could just leave it on but it shuts off after about 10 min of inactivity so I'd have to keep moving one of the flight sticks every so often to keep it from shutting off. Is there some secret I'm not aware of regarding this problem in Phantom land? Are people just allowing them to sit that high between flight sessions (could easily be a couple weeks in my case depending on winter weather).

Thanks a lot all, and I'm excited to fly the hell out of this guy!
-Vlaak
There really is not much if any information on the the lipos in the controller, I and most that I know of is to just leave it alone until 50% which is two white LEDs lite and then recharge the controller. I've had my P3P since they came out and no problem whatsoever.

If you already have an iOS device to fly with, you can use the radio controller with the SIM in the Go App, to drain your batteries down to acceptable storage levels.

Something to do, on those days when flying outside is near impossible.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I guess I'll live with it. I flew twice more today and its down to 90%. I'm going to try to get some flights in over the holiday as well.

RedHotPoker, that is a great idea to put some time in on the Sim! I'll do that and see how it goes.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll live with it. I flew twice more today and its down to 90%. I'm going to try to get some flights in over the holiday as well.

RedHotPoker, that is a great idea to put some time in on the Sim! I'll do that and see how it goes.
5 batteries should take it down close to 50% and any use of it on the sim or learning the apps will bring it down.

The SIM is just OK. It's nothing like a RealFlight or Phoenix. But does give you something to practice with, on those blizzard days or rainy day Tuesday's. ;-)

"Ain't nothing like the real thing, Baby."

RedHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing