RAPID RESCUE!!!!

Ok, I'm done.

Rod

Reactions: kirk2579
I called up DJI about the connectivity issue. The android device popped up a new firmware update while I was on the phone with them, so I did the update and apparently the update I did thru the iPhone had a corruption issue or something did not take, because now it is 1000% better and working just fine for the connectivity and video transmission than it was before. It is still really windy here so when I took it for the short flight outside, I kept the drone in the front yard and away from the pond.

When the wind goes away and I can get a good day of flying in, I will post links to the youtube video's on here. Hope everyone has a good day, and thanks for the help and advice.

If your RTH is set at 30m and you are higher the craft will not descend to set RTH but will remain at present altitude and fly home at that. Be carefull if the craft is in auto RTH mode and you reconnect and press RTH you will stop the RTH.

Someone else said that.

After the new firmware was installed, I have been using my little android phone to interface and it has been flying quite well. I reset the altitude and dust and limits so that it can’t get too far away from me.

Flew it today and it being hazy and cloudy and very very low winds, the video came out looking like I was almost night flying. And I only had 1 warning of signal interference but that was cause I had flown it actually over my head and back behind me. I shifted the controller to the antenna being above my shoulder and it worked perfectly again. Video has a small lag for control inputs, but I figure that is because of the phone being a galaxy Luna (straight talk $49 phone). But now that I have switched devices and reloaded the firmware, it is flying just as good as the last one I had. So I will keep it for a while, and hopefully upgrade to an iPad mini and a phantom 4 4K..

Thanks for all of the info and advice and tech tips.

Then they will have to go on for days.

FWIW
the expert assistance by the forum you just blew off would have answered every question about this flight.
You would have a far better detail and analysis of the flight vs a phone call to DJI.

As a new owner with such bad/poor luck it would appear you may need it ...now or in the future again.

good luck and have fun flying!

Reactions: RodPad
FWIW
the expert assistance by the forum you just blew off would have answered every question about this flight.
You would have a far better detail and analysis of the flight vs a phone call to DJI.

As a new owner with such bad/poor luck it would appear you may need it ...now or in the future again.

good luck and have fun flying!

I have had plenty of fun flying and plenty of good luck since I recovered my drone safely.

And you can call it “blowing off”, but the simple fact is I don’t want to share my flight recording because of the GPS data showing my home address. I don’t care what it is called or referred to. I don’t want to share it. I shared my story, and if that isn’t enough, then oh well. Delete my account and have a great year in 2018 flying!!

I have had plenty of fun flying and plenty of good luck since I recovered my drone safely.

And you can call it “blowing off”, but the simple fact is I don’t want to share my flight recording because of the GPS data showing my home address. I don’t care what it is called or referred to. I don’t want to share it. I shared my story, and if that isn’t enough, then oh well. Delete my account and have a great year in 2018 flying!!
That’s really kinda funny.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20