Range Extenders for Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have a Phantom 2 standart
My question is regarding Range extenders.
Which range do they extend - the video range or control distance range ?
Also what frequency they are operating, as i want to use for control distance extender ?

thank you.

Hello guys,
I have a Phantom 2 standart
My question is regarding Range extenders.
Which range do they extend - the video range or control distance range ?
Also what frequency they are operating, as i want to use for control distance extender ?

thank you.

you have a phantom 2 standard, this didnt come with any kind of video system, unless you added a zenmuse gimbal with a gopro.

The phantom 2 that came with a video system were the vision and vision plus models these used 5.8ghz for control and 2.4ghz for video feed.

If its the vision then all you can do is add external aerials to the range extender unit which will increase video strength and a larger aerial to the controller to increase signal range,

If its the Vision plus you can add the same aerials to the range extender and fit external aerials to the quad as well, search youtube for long range phantom 2 vision plus for examples

There used to be an ITELITE panel that was built for the Vision/vision plus that had a large oblong flat case housing aerials for the range extender and controller, this greatly improved the range for many pilots again search youtube, these are not made anymore but sometimes come up on ebay for sale there is a thread here on thise ITELITE Antenna Owners Thread: 4 MILES WITH P3P (page 31)

Reactions: Em3ata
you have a phantom 2 standard, this didnt come with any kind of video system, unless you added a zenmuse gimbal with a gopro.
Yes, I forgot to mention it has zenmuse h3-3d with GoPro 4 silver.
FPV system transmitter is immersionrc 600 mw
So which signal is amplified by the range extender ?

Last edited:
Yes, I forgot to mention it has zenmuse h3-3d with GoPro 4 silver.
FPV system transmitter is immersionrc 600 mw
So which signal is amplified by the range extender ?

The range extender is not used with a zenmuse setup, the range extender (RE700 or RE500) was used only with the Vision or the Vision plus.

The only way to increase the FPV range with your system is to find a stronger ImmersionRC unit im not fluent in these so that is a guess only.

Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic