Range extender for Phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Hii guys , any one using a range extender?suggest me a best range extender for Phantom 3 standard. Both signal and WiFi range. Thank you for your time.

There are 2 types on the market, the Argtek and the Itelite, both require the TX to be opened and wiring added.
Both are proven to give better signal strength.

Reactions: sajindra
My opinion of the 2 FWIW.
IMG_9267.JPG

Reactions: sajindra
Hii guys , any one using a range extender?suggest me a best range extender for Phantom 3 standard. Both signal and WiFi range. Thank you for your time.

I went with the Itelite DBS. About $35 more than the ARGtek. I've yet to test the range as I never fly further than line of sight. I only installed to beef up my signal, which it has. Yesterday I left the AC on the ground in the back yard. Carried the RC with me to the front of the house then down the street. I still had a signal despite the buildings and wi-fi.

Are they both about the same to install dificulty wise and time wise
yes both installs are basically the same as far as wiring goes but the DBS will require you drill some holes to mount the cabling connecters or find someone to 3D print an argtek style mounting base. Both are IMO easy to install But DBS would be my first choice for good distance

yes both installs are basically the same as far as wiring goes but the DBS will require you drill some holes to mount the cabling connectors or find someone to 3D print an argtek style mounting base. Both are IMO easy to install But DBS would be my first choice for good distance

Drilling was easy. Just go slow and start small and re-size until the holes are just right. I don't remember the exact size of the bit that worked, but it was common. There are several installation videos on YouTube. It looked scary so I purchased a second controller just in case I messed it up. Turned out it was easier than I expected. Just take it easy when removing all the silicone, glue, whatever it is around the connections.

I had significant increase of distance with the Argtek. Installation was pretty simple.

I’ve had the Dbs mod now for about six months and have nothing bad to say about it. Easy install and I have quadrupled my range. It’s well worth the $.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
DBS is way legit!

I have a spare P3S controller already wired for it if anyone’s interested.

d477e3dc2b6a110d3c7d9c0f16be18a7.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers