Random orange tint after firmware update

PQM

Reaction score
94c2af4d3a6e01b4095473ad08c8f3b5.jpg
ea1c3d7f6e701690fc7ce7893b0a2d3e.jpg

Updated to latest firmware on p4p and rc.

Random .dng files but not the .jpg files have this weird orange tint on them. Also in the second photo notice the image flipped in the first three images. The correct perspective is the first three shots, the gimbal was doing weird things when pointed straight down...flipping the image sporadically. These are all AEB shots in which this orange issue appeared.

Wondering if anyone else has encountered this orange film and also the gimbal image flip spasm.

Temperature was over 40 degrees and there was no precipitation or heavy humidity. Battery was still over 3.7 volts.

I have the exact same problem with the orange tint! I just tried to import a bunch of files into lightroom and I'm getting the same thing with some of the dang files. What's interesting is none of the photos display orange when I view them on the DJI 4 app when the memory card is in the drone. However, once I view them in Photoshop or Lightroom some have the orange tint.

I have the Phantom 4 pro.

Aircraft version: 1.05.0300
RC version: 01.04.01.00
App version: 4.1.22

Last edited:
I updated Thursday and flew a job with the P4P+ I didn't notice the issue then. It was 67F here and I did shoot straight down.

However, I took it out today and had this issue happen as well. Today it is~20F. I thought it was maybe the cold. I was able to correct in post for the orange cast, but it won't work for every situation as it desaturates orange.

Did you notice a difference between using the button on the remote to point straight down and and using the wheel to manually move it down?

I updated Thursday and flew a job with the P4P+ I didn't notice the issue then. It was 67F here and I did shoot straight down.

However, I took it out today and had this issue happen as well. Today it is~20F. I thought it was maybe the cold. I was able to correct in post for the orange cast, but it won't work for every situation as it desaturates orange.

Did you notice a difference between using the button on the remote to point straight down and and using the wheel to manually move it down?

I used only c1 to point down. Did you have any reversed imagery? Some of the orange tinted shots have the image flipped. Noticed this on my device screen as well even when not taking pictures. Fixing the flip is easy, but the orange tint sure is frustrating.

Yes, see my other posts... I did have the video feed rotate 180 degrees.

Same issue. Handful of orange images and display flipping while straight down. Tilting camera up eventually flipped the screen around but woah. Seems that correcting wb in post doesnt help either....files seem to be corrupted?

Reactions: Neildon
Black and white can be made from them and in my case an extreme desaturation of orange and lowering luma values for the orange channel worked in my case (as I was photographing snow).

I mean there are ways to do a bit in post but this is pretty unacceptable from dji considering there were 0 issues prior to the updates...

Black and white can be made from them and in my case an extreme desaturation of orange and lowering luma values for the orange channel worked in my case (as I was photographing snow).

I
I mean there are ways to do a bit in post but this is pretty unacceptable from dji considering there were 0 issues prior to the updates...
I concur.

Exactly the same problem. Only when I shoot straight down, and only on DNG, not on JPG. Anybody has a solution? Besides waiting for the new update....

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2018-01-18 om 16.35.58.png
    Schermafbeelding 2018-01-18 om 16.35.58.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 373
Exactly the same problem. Only when I shoot straight down, and only on DNG, not on JPG. Anybody has a solution? Besides waiting for the new update....
My issue is as you say. I haven't found a fix for this yet... I guess we'll have to wait until DJI comes out with their next firmware update.

Was able to at least circumvent the problem consistently by using c1 to camera up and letting whatever glitch it is subside, then using the wheel to camera all the way back down.

Same problem for me since latest firmware update. I reverted back to previous firmware update and all is well. DJI really need to get firmware updates sorted. I spent 5 hours doing a survey for an archaeology company, all looking straight down images, checked them on the tablet and on pc and all seemed well other than the flipped images, however when loaded into lightroom the orange hue appeared. Managed to make the images presentable but not right. People are relying on these drones to make a living. COME ON DJI, GET IT SORTED !!!

I am having the same issue, only had the Phantom 4 Pro for a month and my first real flight taking photos of my kids day care. only to find all the DNG file has an orange tints when the camera is shooting birds eye view. how do I roll back my firmware as I updated the firmware before the flight the other night. very annoying being the first flight and striking issues.

Just want to say thanks for the comments! So glad I checked here, I've been experiencing this very issue. Screen orientation flipping with gimbal pointed straight down and unacceptable / unusable color issues with the DNG files after import into LR, PS and even Apple's editing system. The color issue does not show on the DJI app history of the flight / PNG files but they don't have enough resolution for clients. Had an online chat this morning with DJI over the issue and they recommended sending it in for service. Obviously its a software issue. It's now happened with two different P4P cameras. My 1st one had an additional issue with a burned out gimbal stabilizer motor. Will now going forward, shoot raw and jpeg, and whenever the screen flips, raise the gimbal back up and try again.

Same issue here. Random DNG files are hopelessly tinted orange: there is no way to correct for this. The jpg files are fine. You can see that this was a pool shot in full overhead daylight, and adjacent images, also shot straight-down are just fine (including their DNGs).
Any fix for this?? It it really a hardware problem that needs me to send the P4Pro in for service? Screenshot here:
Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 4.25.00 PM.jpg

these issues and others were resolved in the latest firmware released about a month or so ago? im up to date and no problems since.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic