Random blurred images

Reaction score
I have a P4P for around 20 months.
I always have set focus to Auto, always a green rectangle in my screen.
Nowadays I am facing a random blurring images (videos and photos) I don't see from my iPad mini 4 while flying.
Yesterday I took 34 videos, 4 of them were out of focus.
3 of them are of the same place, I have a fourth that was in focus.
Here they are screenshots to illustrate. A couple of photos I took between footages were also out of focus

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 21.12.59.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 21.12.44.png

The fourth blurred image was at dusk but next video in the same time/place was fine.

Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 21.10.15.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-28 at 21.10.40.png

This screenshot is not that sharp because of low light conditions => low speed 1/25".

Not sure what to do to fix that.

The only thing I am thinking is to set a fixed manual focus every time I start a flight.
At f/2.8 hyperfocal distance is 2.5m (8'), so if I fix the focus to 3m (10') I am covered from 1.4m (5') to infinite.

BTW, it is not the matter here but I don't realize what for variable focus in such kind of lens used in a drone.
Thank you

I have a P4P for around 20 months.
I always have set focus to Auto, always a green rectangle in my screen.
Nowadays I am facing a random blurring images (videos and photos) I don't see from my iPad mini 4 while flying.
Yesterday I took 34 videos, 4 of them were out of focus.
3 of them are of the same place, I have a fourth that was in focus.
Here they are screenshots to illustrate. A couple of photos I took between footages were also out of focus

View attachment 105771View attachment 105772

The fourth blurred image was at dusk but next video in the same time/place was fine.
View attachment 105773View attachment 105774
This screenshot is not that sharp because of low light conditions => low speed 1/25".

Not sure what to do to fix that.

The only thing I am thinking is to set a fixed manual focus every time I start a flight.
At f/2.8 hyperfocal distance is 2.5m (8'), so if I fix the focus to 3m (10') I am covered from 1.4m (5') to infinite.

BTW, it is not the matter here but I don't realize what for variable focus in such kind of lens used in a drone.
Thank you
Um now I am by no means one to know about cam settings etc,,I'm use auto so it does all for me,,I don't get blurred vids but I do in the photos,,in my gallery or in the djigo4 editor I get a cached image with my good image,my pic below showsView attachment 105787

Reactions: skymonkey
Attachment unavailable
Sorry about that I didn't even Finnish me post,it was late
thumb_b3779523451ab20e_1542175522000.jpg
...I get a picture like this and another pic the same crystal clear,,,unsure myself what cause this but very annoying,,I can also clear these blurry images but they seem to come back as cached image I think it called....unsure why it gives this image ,all set on auto as metion,I use good sd card too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic