Railroad Bridge across the Missouri River

Thanks. I thought it could be that. Yep, I really must give Litchi a whirl!
Yep its pretty good, that's only my 3rd flight with it, I was kind of nervous when it got super close to the bridge and then the birds near the end of the video, I was praying none of the birds would hit my Phantom lol.

Well done! Where abouts on the Missouri River was this filmed? I live in the STL area, and it's reminiscent of the bridges we see here in Missouri. However, I realize the Missouri river extends through 7 states, so it could very well be in another state. I just shot a video of the Mississippi River, check it out. Nice work!

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
Well done! Where abouts on the Missouri River was this filmed? I live in the STL area, and it's reminiscent of the bridges we see here in Missouri. However, I realize the Missouri river extends through 7 states, so it could very well be in another state. I just shot a video of the Mississippi River, check it out. Nice work!
Pierre, South Dakota.

Reactions: Goldsaum82
Put on at least an ND8 filter and watch how much better the video looks. In this video you have the rolling shutter effect going and that is causing the frames to jerk somewhat in the right edge of the video. An ND8 or ND16 will allow you to slow down your shutter to somewhere between 1/60 and 1/40 of a sec at ISO 100 and that will in effect smooth out that jumpy effect. It especially is noticeable when flying parallel to something like a picket fence or the girters of the bridge works. Ideal settings seem to be a shutter speed 2 times faster than the frame rate. IE, If you are shooting at 2.7k and at 30 frames a second... 30 x 2 is 60. I know the 30 is actually 29.xxx but you see where I'm going with this. Without the ND filters you probably were shooting ( if you were at ISO 100 ) over 1/250+ and that is too fast for video or cinema.

I'm in no way bashing this video because it is a great angle and your exposure is so good along with the flying. But the filters will allow you a slower shutter speed to give a much better cinematic effect. In still photography, shutter speed is wonderful to capture the images in motion. Not so in cinema work. I'm a newby to all this, but not to photography or cinema work as I owned a studio for over 45 years and shot some of everything.

Regards,

Tommy

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
Put on at least an ND8 filter and watch how much better the video looks. In this video you have the rolling shutter effect going and that is causing the frames to jerk somewhat in the right edge of the video. An ND8 or ND16 will allow you to slow down your shutter to somewhere between 1/60 and 1/40 of a sec at ISO 100 and that will in effect smooth out that jumpy effect. It especially is noticeable when flying parallel to something like a picket fence or the girters of the bridge works. Ideal settings seem to be a shutter speed 2 times faster than the frame rate. IE, If you are shooting at 2.7k and at 30 frames a second... 30 x 2 is 60. I know the 30 is actually 29.xxx but you see where I'm going with this. Without the ND filters you probably were shooting ( if you were at ISO 100 ) over 1/250+ and that is too fast for video or cinema.

I'm in no way bashing this video because it is a great angle and your exposure is so good along with the flying. But the filters will allow you a slower shutter speed to give a much better cinematic effect. In still photography, shutter speed is wonderful to capture the images in motion. Not so in cinema work. I'm a newby to all this, but not to photography or cinema work as I owned a studio for over 45 years and shot some of everything.

Regards,

Tommy
Yeah I want to get some and plan to when I have a little extra money.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj