Racing Drones

Reaction score
Hey, anybody else fly the racing drones when not flying their Phantom? I just bought my first one, it's a 250 class, Storm Buster. Yesterday was my first time flying, it was a blast, but boy is there a steep learning curve, it really makes you appreciate how easy DJI made the Phantoms to fly. Anybody do the racing thing? Or have any advice for a newbee in this type of flying?

Here is what she looks like.....

racing drone.jpg

I am getting someone to build me a 180 class soon!
What fpv solution if any are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

@djteek75, Well come on in, to the forum... ;-)
It's always a pleasure to meet and greet new arrivals to this interweb space. I Hope that you will enjoy all of your time, well spent here.
Plenty of interesting characters frequent these forum sections. So it is a fine place to find new friends involved in the awesome RC community.
You can also get to know folks who live near by you, for some very enjoyable companionship while flying your RC models.
Regional Meet-Ups

RedHotPoker

Here is what she looks like.....

View attachment 44423
Hi @Jack Ley, that racer looks like it could really fly. Hahaha
Here in the city, a fellow I know, has a store called Droneology, & is opening an indoor drone racing track/facility. That should be a lot of wholesome good times...

RedHotPoker

Share some Pics, of it, please my good man?
I am always Interested in seeing other people's models and gear... ;-)
As you already know, I bought a Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, for some speed and agility...

RedHotPoker

Share some Pics, of it, please my good man?
I am always Interested in seeing other people's models and gear... ;-)
As you already know, I bought a Heli-Max Voltage 500 3D, for some speed and agility...

RedHotPoker
When I get home from the office I will post some up. :)

Eh, thanks. Looking forward to seeing your awesome new racing craft/model.

What an incredible time to be in this fantastic hobby... Lifestyle!! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jack Ley
You can also get to know folks who live near by you, for some very enjoyable companionship while flying your RC models.
Regional Meet-Ups

thank you so much for the pointing me toward the regional meet-ups area, I didn't know about those forums, and I'm always looking for people to fly with. Oh and those indoor tracks are awesome, but I need a lot more practice before I can fly FPV, much less indoors..lol

I am getting someone to build me a 180 class soon!
What fpv solution if any are you using?

My set up has a Fatshark FPV camera and goggles. If you haven't ordered yours yet, I highly recommend ebay seller valkmanrc, he is out of Ireland, but he builds a great ready to fly racer. He's been working with RC's for over 20yrs, and specializes in drones now. He takes pride in his build using the best parts and doing quality work. His name is Joe, and I've emailed him several times with questions and needing help, he always responds within 24hrs, if not sooner. Below I'll post a link to the actual ebay sale I bought from, or if you go to ebay and type in "racing drone pro built" you'll see all his sales, he's got lots of different packages and prices, along with an extensive bio on his builds and what he uses, or you can email him and customize it. Ok, that's just my opinion, but I am totally satisfied and so are a few others I know. Good luck, let us know when you get one.

RTF STORM "BUSTER" Racing Drone+AT9 TX/RX+ Fatshark Predator+FPV GearPRO BUILT

Here she is... These just released, the Eachine 180

Wow, that model looks very nice. I never saw an RC unit with three antennas? What are the extra two for? ;-)
I bet that quad can really rip, & tear up the sky. She looks fast, just sitting there. haha
Hey, does it have rear signal lights? I've only seen that in one model drone before... Very nice, thanks for sharing your swift new Love with us.
You are in for a whole 'lotta' fun this spring/summer. Sweet!!

RedHotPoker

thank you so much for pointing me toward the regional meet-ups area, I didn't know about those forums, and I'm always looking for people to fly with. Oh and those indoor tracks are awesome, but I need a lot more practice before I can fly FPV, much less indoors..lol
Hi @Jack Ley, [;-) hijack]
You are very welcome Sir. I hope you can find a couple or even a bunch of new friends to share your passion and hobby. It's a nice feeling to have a few buds, that are involved in our hobby/lifestyle. I met an awesome fellow here in the city, that flies a Phantom 3 Advanced, and we have flown together a couple of times already. Ya.
I will be glancing forward from time to time, with keen interest to your vids and pics of the excitement you all experience. Please share?
Yes, that indoor track of Droneology should be a whole other new experience for me. I can't hardly wait to let it rip. Though not sure at this time, my Voltage 500 3D will be allowed in there. Maybe it's too large, for indoor flight anyway...oh well. But, it also means, that I may need to follow suit, like @LuvMyTJ & purchase 'uno' more drone. Oh the pain/misery I must suffer, to continue growing my hangar of flying models. Yeah, like I really need just one more drone, to make myself feel complete and whole. ;-).
Perhaps we here, all whom may be interested, could start a North American league of our own. Eh? Hahaha
Taking names and locations, for a vast membership list... Anyone?

RedHotPoker

Wow, that model looks very nice. I never saw an RC unit with three antennas? What are the extra two for? ;-)
I bet that quad can really rip, & tear up the sky. She looks fast, just sitting there. haha
Hey, does it have rear signal lights? I've only seen that in one model drone before... Very nice, thanks for sharing your swift new Love with us.
You are in for a whole 'lotta' fun this spring/summer. Sweet!!

RedHotPoker
It has FPV (Goggles) so 2 for TX transmission and one for FPV (the stinger tail). And it does have 'turn signal' like tail lights that blink and change color in the direction the stick moves. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From the details...

"Built-in OSD to displayflight altitude, flight speed, course, battery voltage, image transmission frequency.
OSD data will popup a window to remind low battery and the drone will also have flashing taillight and alarm.
Smart battery, 3S 1000mAh"

It also has GPS, altitude hold, etc. I am gonna see if I like the racing aspect of it. If I do I will be building one of these bad boys from scratch. ;)

Last edited:
Here is an older video but it is one of my favorites and it helped fuel the fire of my finally pulling the trigger.
PS - keep a lookout for a brand new forum we will be going public with very soon! It will focus strictly on all types of racing drones! :)
If you like racing drones, this will be the place for you!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A specific racing drone forum would be very appealing to me, and many others. Great idea, and smart addition to the current webspace.
Will it be a segment of this forum, or a whole new website?

Thanks for the heads up, I will be glancing ahead, for this new drone platform. Well done. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I know there will be an announcement when it is up and running.
Do you have a time frame, or approximate date for this awesome new addition, to these forums?

Thanks for your time and thoughts about this. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I don't have an exact timeline other than "soon". It is being designed as I type this reply. :)

Message to all members: Feel free to let me know what you would like to see in a racing drone forum.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic