Quick test of 5.8 amp

1pc 5.8Ghz FPV Transmitter RF Signal Amplifier For Airplane Helicopter Model 60x27x22mm high quality new
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZJbumYrA
(from AliExpress Android)

PINENG PN-963 Portable 10000mAh Dual USB Mobile Power Bank Backup External Battery Charger LED Indicator for IOS Android Phone
http://s.aliexpress.com/J3yaYNny
(from AliExpress Android)

I am using exactly this setup.

Thanks Wilus, I already ordered the same 5.8Ghz booster, in next weeks , as soon as I get , I will let you know about the improvement from current 430m. max range.
By the way to connect the amp. to the argtek terminal , I guess that I should order a double connector , RP SMA male - RP SMA male , not ? , and regarding the power supply , maybe better to buy an USB cable and cut one side and solder the amp .

Sorry forget previous question, I double checked the fotos carefully , and it is clear, from the argtek to the amp input, I think , it should be , RP SMA MALE / SMA MALE connector.

Last edited:
Hey mate can show a photo of your connection from usb to booster? Thanks heaps. Great cheap mod!

Thanks Wilus, I already ordered the same 5.8Ghz booster, in next weeks , as soon as I get , I will let you know about the improvement from current 430m. max range.
By the way to connect the amp. to the argtek terminal , I guess that I should order a double connector , RP SMA male - RP SMA male , not ? , and regarding the power supply , maybe better to buy an USB cable and cut one side and solder the amp .

Sorry forget previous question, I double checked the fotos carefully , and it is clear, from the argtek to the amp input, I think , it should be , RP SMA MALE / SMA MALE connector.
You will get the adapter with an amp. regarding USB, this is what I did, I just cut one of spare USB cables but I didn't solder it though.

I have the same question - I wanted to use a 3x18650 battery box at 12v to power this since I have a lot of 18650 batteries.

So why are some people using 5v and others using 12v ? I feel like the 5v output would be under powered ???

My amp:
Comb25112016055234.jpg

Reactions: jeganx
Thanks papa - so you soldered to the 5v side instead of the 6x16v side ? And you're plugging you're USB to a 5v power bank at 2amps?

If not can you tell me what you did ?

Ahh
Makes total sense - but if I wanted to use a 12v battery pack I could just keep it as is correct ?

What Is the gain screw that comes with these amplifiers ? Should we be messing with that ?

What Is the gain screw that comes with these amplifiers ? Should we be messing with that ?

Clockwise = Higher Gain
AntiClockwise = Lower Gain

Also - I've seen some people power this amp from the charging socket in the DJI Remote... Dont know how good an idea this is though.

I am using it with a 12v power bank and it used basically 5 % of the battery in a 20 minute flight

So does that mean I want to turn it clockwise all the way to increase gain ?

I'm assuming yes ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers