Care Refresh Experience

Reaction score
Had my P4P for 9 trouble free months when strange purple lines and pixelated images started to creep into my videos, the video downlink to the iPad mini started to get so bad I was unable to frame a shot correctly so I changed out the iPad lead with no improvement.
The signal seemed to be dropping out too. This was not following an update either, just seemed to get gradually worse.
I bought a mint condition 2 month old P4P Plus controller from a friend to rule out the Tx but it would not bind (my fault, need to change in the App settings) so couldn’t rule it out as the cause.
Spoke on DJi chat and they asked to send my original Tx and the P4P in for a check, but to mark the outside of the package CARE REFRESH. Off it went and I got it back 10 days later, the day before I was leaving to visit my folks in Northumberland. Very very chuffed.
In the box was a brand new drone, camera and Tx. Did some flights to the East of Alnwick Castle (keeping to the rules and setting up NATS cordon) and checked the footage when I got home, great stuff!
Did a flight the following day and the card had an issue recording video, swapped out three separate U3 Cards, all the same.
Sent the drone back this time with my P4P+ Tx and they found a problem with the new camera card unit so swapped it for another brand new camera which they notified me via email with the new serial number confirming the replacement.
When I got it back this time, although they made no mention of it on the warranty email, they had given me a brand new P4P+ Tx too.
Have to say I have been blown away by the service I have received from DJi Europe, especially since reading about the horror stories in the US repair centre and the poor guy with his Inspire 2 fiasco.
Not sure if having the care refresh makes a difference, but when the P5P comes out, I will be taking it out again.
The other thing I learned is to be nice to these people on the support chat, however frustrated you get as getting angry, in my experience, does not get the wheels turning any quicker.
Well done DJi !

Had my P4P for 9 trouble free months when strange purple lines and pixelated images started to creep into my videos, the video downlink to the iPad mini started to get so bad I was unable to frame a shot correctly so I changed out the iPad lead with no improvement.
The signal seemed to be dropping out too. This was not following an update either, just seemed to get gradually worse.
I bought a mint condition 2 month old P4P Plus controller from a friend to rule out the Tx but it would not bind (my fault, need to change in the App settings) so couldn’t rule it out as the cause.
Spoke on DJi chat and they asked to send my original Tx and the P4P in for a check, but to mark the outside of the package CARE REFRESH. Off it went and I got it back 10 days later, the day before I was leaving to visit my folks in Northumberland. Very very chuffed.
In the box was a brand new drone, camera and Tx. Did some flights to the East of Alnwick Castle (keeping to the rules and setting up NATS cordon) and checked the footage when I got home, great stuff!
Did a flight the following day and the card had an issue recording video, swapped out three separate U3 Cards, all the same.
Sent the drone back this time with my P4P+ Tx and they found a problem with the new camera card unit so swapped it for another brand new camera which they notified me via email with the new serial number confirming the replacement.
When I got it back this time, although they made no mention of it on the warranty email, they had given me a brand new P4P+ Tx too.
Have to say I have been blown away by the service I have received from DJi Europe, especially since reading about the horror stories in the US repair centre and the poor guy with his Inspire 2 fiasco.
Not sure if having the care refresh makes a difference, but when the P5P comes out, I will be taking it out again.
The other thing I learned is to be nice to these people on the support chat, however frustrated you get as getting angry, in my experience, does not get the wheels turning any quicker.
Well done DJi !

So in effect the care refresh was not used as it was covered by a warranty repair and I did not need to pay a fee. Happy Daz!

Yeah, there are a few sob stories here and there and I can say from personal experience that their communications, as much as they attempt to be thorough to the point of excess, misses now and then. I thought it was funny when I sent back my refurb P3A for a bricked RC, they paid shipping both ways, told me they replaced the camera (only!), and it came back with fresh camera and RC.

And it's hard to complain about one-day or same-day turnaround!

Glad you're back in the air.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl