Firmware Problems...PLEASE HELP!

Reaction score
All,
I bought my P3 Pro in March. I have had zero problems with it and after reading all the horror stories about the Firmware updates, I have never done any to my P3P. A few weeks back, I noticed that when I powered off my battery, the red indicator light on the push button "blinks" several times as it is powering down. (like for 5-10 seconds). I thought nothing of it as everything else worked fine. Then a few days later something else started happening that concerned me, sometimes when I powered everything up, the screen on the app (I use an iPad mini mounted on my RC) wouldn't display the camera image. all It would show was a DJI logo on a black screen. The drone would operate (fly) fine, you just had no image on the screen. After powering down and powering back up or swapping to my 2nd battery, it would work fine.

Well, yesterday I was going to fly up and take some video of local firework displays in my area and I had no display on my screen like mentioned above (just a DJI logo on a black screen). So I decided It was probably time to upgrade all the firmware on RC, drone, App and the batteries. It has been nothing but a headache. My problem seems to be that the RC updated great thru the App, but the aircraft will not start the process of updating. I have watched many YouTube videos on how to do this. I even had an online chat with DJI customer service last night for almost an hour.

After I download the BIN file from the DJI website and "unzip" it, place it on my mini SD stick and then insert the card into my aircraft, nothing seems to happen.............
Below is what I am seeing when I insert my card with the BIN file on it:
-Gimbal is "limp"
-lights on under side of drone are blinking yellow
-RC is obviously not connected to the aircraft
my gimbal indication light never lights up green/red indicating that the firmware is being installed
-no beeping sound coming from the aircraft, indicating that the firmware is being installed.

Any help that someone can give me is GREATLY APPRECIATED! I bought this to take awesome beach video on my vacation that is scheduled for July 23rd, and I am trying all I can to get it back up and flying for my trip.

Obviously, I am very frustrated. DJI customer service has advised me to call a Technician/Engineer to help troubleshoot my problems. I will be calling evening when I get off work to try and resolve this issue.

I was hoping someone here has had these problems and could advise on things I can try to get my drone back flying.

Thanks in advance.

You should upgrade the firmware on your Phantom before the remote controller. Downgrade the firmware on your remote controller like this and then follow these instructions exactly to upgrade your firmware.

Agree downgrade controller firmware, hold the little hat on the app for 5 seconds. I had to do it last night because I updated controller first

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you guys,
I will try this tonight and post an update. I knew I could count on this site for help.

Could also be a bad SD card.. I had similar symptoms once and that was my issue. Changed the card and it all worked fine.
Good luck!

dont mean to hijack a thread but i am in the middle of updating firmware as i type. It is taking forever. It has prob been updating for aleast 45 minutes if not 1 hour. Any suggestions?

dont mean to hijack a thread but i am in the middle of updating firmware as i type. It is taking forever. It has prob been updating for aleast 45 minutes if not 1 hour. Any suggestions?
Did you follow these instructions? If so, which step are you at right now?

I didnt. I was on the dji forum and followed what was on the youtube tutorial page from dji

Take a look at my instructions and make sure you did everything correctly.

at the moment it is blinking and acting like it is updating making 3 short typewriter sounds

What is the camera status light doing?

What does the beep pattern sound like?

That's the sound it usually makes when the firmware is done installing (like this).

And just to confirm, is this the light that is blinking red?

yes that is the light that is blinking and it is 1 long and 2 short...after doing research I am worried that the sd card i have might not be class 10 or higher

I don't think it's still updating. Turn it off and check the last entry in the TXT log in the root of the memory card.

Guys,
I got my aircraft to update after I down graded the firmware on the controller. I then re-installed the latest firmware to the controller. I was so happy, thinking all would work great again...and then I notice my gimbal is limp, I have no video picture on my iPad screen and on the status, it says my gimbal is disconnected!!! I am totally at a loss, as to what to do. I'm very frustrated to say the least. Can anyone help with that or should I search thru previous threads to help with this problem?

I got my aircraft to update after I down graded the firmware on the controller. I then re-installed the latest firmware to the controller.
Which firmware versions do you see listed in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers