Question about focus

Reaction score
I got a chance to try thge DJI white goggles this weekend, on a mavic, with head tracking. It worked great, but not in focus.:(
I did not want to mess with the IPD distance, he was flying and handed the goggles to me. He said later, the IPD adjustment would correct that.
Has anyone had problems with focus, I use reading glasses but distance over 6' is fine.:)

You're going to need reading glasses (or Focus-Fixers) if you cannot see things clearly when they are about 9" from your eyes.
Thanks for the reply, just read that on the Focus Fixers. I will go to the store and try on different ones until I find a pair that works, probably 3.5 or something like that. I have 2.5, but that is not enough.
They seem great, but I want to have a clear view.
I seem to remember something about him possibly mentioning a corrective lens was installed, now that I think about it.
So, if you can't read at 9", it is not going to be sharp, right? :)

I have used the FS Dominator HD3 goggles, I could focus fairly well, not precise, but pretty good. I thought maybe these would be similar, but apparently they are not.
Still, I liked the DJI Goggles, a bit heavy, but comfortable and other than not in focus, it looked great and worked well.

So, if you can't read at 9", it is not going to be sharp, right? :)
I don't wear reading glasses, so I don't know from experience. It seems everyone who mentions they wear readers also says they cannot see the screen clearly.

I don't wear reading glasses, so I don't know from experience. It seems everyone who mentions they wear readers also says they cannot see the screen clearly.
Yeah, I suspected that, kind of like many Box Goggles I guess.

You thought the Fat Sharks were heavy?

The DJI Goggles are by far the heaviest goggles I have ever tried. (I have Fat Sharks too.)
Sorry, no the DJI are heavier, but surprisingly, only by about 200 grams or so. The HD3's with battery, module and antenna weighs about 860 +- grams, the DJI is 1000 + grams.

But, the HD3's did seem a bit heavy too, now that I think about it, but certainly not uncomfortably so.

It did seem that all the weight of the HD3 was on the nose though, where the DJI was not pressing on the face so much. Did not use either that long, just a few minutes for each.

Good info was looking at some from Santa but thinking now,dji googles ,got them here $789,that's from shop ,ebay got for $800,,neck already hurts

Good info was looking at some from Santa but thinking now,dji googles ,got them here $789,that's from shop ,ebay got for $800,,neck already hurts
Well, the battery is in the head ring, that is good. Lots of contract area and that is good, no real weight on the face, again a plus.
Now, they are big, but not so dumb looking I thought. :) $400, not as much as FS HD3's, but the Race version, $550, that is over Fatshark even.:eek:
The new camera and tx, Well it too is big and heavy, but seems to work well from what little I have read.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94