Question about Firmware Update for iOS

Reaction score
This is my first time updating firmware. I dropped the file onto the SD card. Turned on the P3P, heard the 4 beeps, and for about 30 min now it has sounded like a dot matrix printer. Is this normal? Should I give it more time? I'm using a Scandisk Extreme 64g micro SD card. Not sure of exact specs because its in the P3P but I paid $150+ for it when I bought my GoPro H4 Black.

Reaction score
I got tired of waiting and did some research. Found out that the people have had to send it back because same problem. I powered off the P3P and swapped the SD card for the original SD card (came w/ the P3P) and tried again... No more dot matrix. I will update as to what happened.

Reaction score
I did this yesterday and it was the same for me. I never heard the finishing beeps, but stopped it after about 40 minutes or so. I then took the SD card and looked at the text file it wrote out. It indicated a successful upgrade. I have successfully connected to the new ios software as well. It sounds like you are fine - just check the txt file after.

Also, when you upgrade the remote it only seems to take a minute or so, not the 10 min. it mentions in the instructions.

Happy Flights!

Reactions: GAP308 and dysan911
Reaction score
I did this yesterday and it was the same for me. I never heard the finishing beeps, but stopped it after about 40 minutes or so. I then took the SD card and looked at the text file it wrote out. It indicated a successful upgrade. I have successfully connected to the new ios software as well. It sounds like you are fine - just check the txt file after.

Also, when you upgrade the remote it only seems to take a minute or so, not the 10 min. it mentions in the instructions.

Happy Flights!
its not working at all and i can't find any txt file unless - a new firmware

Reaction score
Did the phantom give 4 quick even spaced beeps for like 5 min then beep space beep beep for the rest of the time? if that makes any sense haha

Reaction score
Did the phantom give 4 quick even spaced beeps for like 5 min then beep space beep beep for the rest of the time? if that makes any sense haha
nope , not at all so i have deleted the files,

the only way i can get the files onto the card is using a samsung with a slot, not sure one i unzip if its only the bin file that is copied and into which directory,

Reaction score
Ha! Yes that does make sense. I got the 4 actual beeps in the very beginning. Then the dot matrix printer sound started... I took out that SD card after an hour with no ending beeps and the dot matrix sound was still going until I powered the P3P off. I then took the SD card that came w/ the P3P and stuck it in with the upgraded zip file. This time it did not do the dot matrix sound. I had to leave for work... Just got home. I checked the first SD card. WOOOT!! It had a text file that reads successful. :D I checked the other SD card (the second attempt) It read as follows:

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Long story short. I'm all good! and I want to note, there was not anything that signified the firmware upgrade had finished.

SO RELIEVED!!

Reaction score
I did this yesterday and it was the same for me. I never heard the finishing beeps, but stopped it after about 40 minutes or so. I then took the SD card and looked at the text file it wrote out. It indicated a successful upgrade....

You're my Boy Bleu!! Thanks man.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Capt. Guts