Question about DJI Go Map

Reaction score
Hey folks. I cannot seem to get my map in the app to update whether connected to wifi or cellular. By update I mean the hybrid and satellite views are just blurry pixels. I tried a few metro areas as well in case it was a coverage issue but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks!
1482771276084.png

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I never ran into that problem. I would try restarting your tablet. Sorry buddy no clue. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

It depends on the version of the DJI Go app you are using. The latest and greatest version for Android, v 3.1.1 uses different maps than all the older app versions. All the older versions used Google maps. Those maps worked well. The newest DJI Go app version uses "Here" maps. The maps in this system are, uh.. not as complete as we would like. In my area, the Here maps are total garbage. All I get is roads on a big blurry, green blob.
I hope that DJI will realize the terrible error they made in changing map systems.

Reactions: Zoiboyz and AJH3
HERE is the re-branded name of Navteq .... a major Auto Navigation map supplier.
Free maps with such will always be wide area and poor detail. Only way to get high detail is the 'paid version'.

Whether you can actually use the better paid download maps with our P3 - needs to be checked.

Nigel

From what I've seen it's an issue with Android and Here. People with iOS devices don't seem to have any problem with Here's satellite imagery. I also get just a big green blob on satellite view both in DJI GO and the proper Here app. The imagery also looks reasonable via a web browser on PC. I hope they get it sorted soon as it's really annoying me. It looks like it's a Here issue, not DJI (although if DJI weren't so cheap and moved away from Google, we wouldn't have this problem...)

I don't think it a money consideration as Here is a commercial 'paid' system. Google maps is free to download.

If you go to their website - you will see listed most of the worlds major auto companies .... and units suitable for : windows, win mobile, iOS, android even Garmin / Raytheon !

I think the problem is we only get access to the free stuff and not the registered ..

Nigel

Hey folks. I cannot seem to get my map in the app to update whether connected to wifi or cellular. By update I mean the hybrid and satellite views are just blurry pixels. I tried a few metro areas as well in case it was a coverage issue but no joy. Any ideas? Thanks!View attachment 71666

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app
1.- reinstall the app
2.- cache the map
My two cents

It depends on the version of the DJI Go app you are using. The latest and greatest version for Android, v 3.1.1 uses different maps than all the older app versions. All the older versions used Google maps. Those maps worked well. The newest DJI Go app version uses "Here" maps. The maps in this system are, uh.. not as complete as we would like. In my area, the Here maps are total garbage. All I get is roads on a big blurry, green blob.
I hope that DJI will realize the terrible error they made in changing map systems.
Agree...I hate the map view. I get the same thing, road on green blob

Another option is uninstall DJI Go v 3.1.1 and install some older version. 2.9.1 or 3.0.1 Then turn off auto updates. Again, this is just for Android devices. Those older app versions use Google maps.
And, may I suggest that we write a complaint to DJI to inform them of our displeasure with changing the map system. I have already written them.

I'm having a bad run .My original S tab died ,with the new one came Android 6 and Litchi /GO app incompatibility .While trying to sort this out GO updated its self I usually have this blocked .Now I have the garbage Here maps which for my rural area are useless .
I followed a link from Phantomhelp to older versions of he app on the play store but it looks like only 3.1.1 is there unless I'm missing something .
Is there a reliable source of older GO app versions for Android

Phantomhelp.com (deleted a bad link name here)

Last edited:
Thanks I wasn't scrolling down far enough .Im back to Google Maps Now back to work on the litchi /GO issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.