Question about backpacks

I think I saw someone here also suggesting he places tablet behind the backpack foam, so that's where I will be placing my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 too.

22332480033_a3192ecefb_z.jpg

22535031007_877ee2e961_z.jpg

Now that I've decided to keep this bag this is what I will be doing with my ipad

I have the dji back pack which is well made and with a bit of organisation carries my P3, 3 batteries, spare props, and a nexus 7 with the sun screen. Expensive for what it is but offers good protection. In the UK this costs about £149.00

My P3P fit in the Fearless bag with no issues but I'm returning it until I find something I like the DJI replica will work for now.
Mason, I'm curious, regarding the 6 1/8" measurement in my photo, what does your insert measure to accommodate the landing gear? Do you have the carbon fiber camera guard installed?

When I explained to the vendor that I had the camera guard and strong arm brackets installed they sent this reply:

"The Fearless backpack is designed to fit the Phantom 3 without third party accessories attached. Thank you for the information you provide, I will pass this on to our design team for future products."

So I guess Fearless expects you to conform and not improve your drone, for the privilege of using their product. Wrong attitude IMHO.

I think I'll wait for black Friday, I heard Go Professional Cases is having a sale.

Last edited:
Mason, I'm curious, regarding the 6 1/8" measurement in my photo, what does your insert measure to accommodate the landing gear? Do you have the carbon fiber camera guard installed?

When I explained to the vendor that I had the camera guard and strong arm brackets installed they sent this reply:

"The Fearless backpack is designed to fit the Phantom 3 without third party accessories attached. Thank you for the information you provide, I will pass this on to our design team for future products."

So I guess Fearless expects you to conform and not improve your drone, for the privilege of using their product. Wrong attitude IMHO.

I think I'll wait for black Friday, I heard Go Professional Cases is having a sale.

Sorry I didn't get to check I just put the P3P in and it went in well

I found an official Part 50 hardshell backpack on Amazon priced in the $90s. Has the Phantom logo instead of DJI logo (which apparently is Part 52.) For that price I pulled the trigger on an "official" pack instead of a knock-off.

I found an official Part 50 hardshell backpack on Amazon priced in the $90s. Has the Phantom logo instead of DJI logo (which apparently is Part 52.) For that price I pulled the trigger on an "official" pack instead of a knock-off.
Where is the link? Are you sure it is an official pack and not another knock-off?

If it has not got the DJI logo replaced by a drone symbol it is a knock off. Not bad but lacking the same quality although a third of the price .

Notice, unlike the knockoffs, it is the exact same hardshell. Only difference is logo. When I get it I will take it to Micro Center and compare with the DJI logo hardpack.

My suspicion is the DJI logo hardpack is replacing the quad logo pack and maybe these are clearanced. But at $57 off they are much more in line with what the pack should reasonably cost for what it is.

Here is a Youtube review of the DJI "Quad" logo hardpack.
If someone out there has the clone Phantom backpack shown in this YouTube video, or the official OEM DJI backpack, as well as the 3D printed two piece windsurfer setup, do your windsurfer reflectors fit in this backpack next to the iPad Mini she's putting in the case?
The other question is the strongarm brackets. It appears that won't fit inside this case without hacking up the styrofoam insert. Can someone confirm that?

Today my friend got a reply from GPC saying their limited edition backpack won't fit a P3 with Strong Arm brackets installed. They want another $75 to custom make an insert that fits the brackets.

Last edited:
I bought the £40 version from eBay. so happy with it, great quality and from what i have heard from others is its identical apart from the logo on the front. seems mad to spend 3 times the amount just to have the 'official' dji case. the money i saved allowed me to buy another battery :D
I am from UK also and ha e just bought the dji phantom 3 advanced and am looking for a case, we did you get your from, and can you leave the blades on

Again, the backpack in the video review is, in fact, an official DJI backpack.

There are two official models with only differences being the logo and the style of the zipper-pull.

This backpack is also available at B&H Photo and Video... when you check out you are given the choice between the DJI logo and Quad logo (same price.) However, on Amazon and at a few other online retailers, you can get the Quad logo pack for less than $149. It appears to be the deal if you want the official pack but want to spend less than $149.

I got the cheap version off eBay and it doesn't look any different from the official one. Everything fits in fine but I am thinking about adjusting the foam to create space for my prop guard brackets.

I also got the very cheap version off of eBay. I used it nearly daily for about 6 months before one of the straps' padding tore off, leaving only the exposed strap, which really hurts my shoulder. I'm probably in the minority that would use the bag that frequently, so for the cost, I'd say it did as well as expected.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Fearless backpack? is it a good buy? any reviews?

I sent my Fearless backpack packing, back to the vendor. It was defective apparently, my P3 wouldn't fit in the insert. The landing gear wouldn't fit. The Strong Arm brackets wouldn't fit either. I'm waiting for confirmation from the vendor the insert was defective, .5" too narrow to accept the drone landing gear width.

I was considering Fearless but there are several complaints that Phantom doesn't fit or fits so tightly the owner fears it will damage the quad.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4