Question about backpacks

And to think, I was planning on long term, just getting by, using the shipping box. Yeah, That white cardboard case with the awesome red plastic carrying handle. Which pulled free, eventually. It Never even held up to scrutiny. ;-)
Now when wearing the hard shell back pack, it's so comfortable, I often forget I'm even carrying it. Haha
image.jpeg

I just had to add one other awesome new flight option.
Um, It's a great addition to my @dji P3 Pro' flight kit. ;-)

RedHotPoker

And to think, I was planning on long term, just getting by, using the shipping box. Yeah, That white cardboard case with the awesome red plastic carrying handle. Which pulled free, eventually. It Never even held up to scrutiny. ;-)
Now when wearing the hard shell back pack, it's so comfortable, I often forget I'm even carrying it. Haha
View attachment 35542
I just had to add one other awesome new flight option.
Um, It's a great addition to my @dji P3 Pro' flight kit. ;-)

RedHotPoker

Too hot to handle that
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1447202979.016906.jpg

Yes, the white-hot tail, will scorch ya, right through your mitt!! ;-)
You need to wear them Pilot approved gloves. Hahaha
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

I think your w/b is out & I'm saturated, maybe it's our gimbal's, over & out ya have to introduce a bit of fun sometimes [emoji12], it's just I lost signal there for awhile

I still need to find the time to install my new radio controller stick. ;-)

Perhaps you know how it should get the complete hook up? Hahaha

image.jpeg

It's an All@One, you know?!?! ;-)

RedHotPoker

Be extra Careful with those shoulder straps stitching, bud.
Wise to get some reinforcement tack sewn in for good measure.
Stress points on my Badlands Packs are reinforced with stitching with this amazing Aramid thread.
Aramid

Structure of Kevlar, a para-aramid
Aramid fibers are a class of heat-resistant and strong synthetic fibers. They are used in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic-rated body armor fabric and ballistic composites, in bicycle tires, and as an asbestos substitute.[1] The name is a portmanteau of "aromatic polyamide". They are fibers in which the chain molecules are highly oriented along the fiber axis, so the strength of the chemical bond can be exploited.

If it'd take an fast moving antler, that would be dandy.

By the way, for us, the @dji branded hard shell back pack, runs at right up around $200.00 Cdn. So not bad if you only pay $70.00, for a similar bag. You can now afford to buy yourself an extra intelligent flight battery. ;-)
Very Happy flying.

RedHotPoker

You really can't return it to China, not worth the shipping cost. I assume it's from China, right? If it's an Amazon US shipper, I'd return it and get the Fearless. I personally haven't seen the DJI hard backpack, but people have reported it's very nice, but limited on space. I need space for more than what the DJI can hold, based on what I've read about it. If you can wait, I'll report back on the Fearless bag later this week after I use it.
Well I got the Fearless bag today for P3. Great material, but it's got major problems. The drone doesn't fit! It literally doesn't fit, it's way too tight. I'm afraid I'm going to break the craft pushing it in so hard. The insert expects the landing gear to bow in when pushed into place. Unfortunately I've got the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, this prevents the landing get from bowing, hence I would need to carve up the insert guts to get it to fit right. I've also got the strong arm braces installed on my P3 and the slight lip those provide won't let each motor pod to fit either. The insert foam is way to dense. And to top things off, it's too big for airline carry on, measuring 21X16X10" when the limits are 22X14X9". I'm totally disappointed, I've gotta send it back. Darn it. My Chinese cheapy is still the best backpack so far, even with it's cheap materials. It's got the best ergonomics and carries everything I need. My search continues for a better backpack.

Last edited:
I just got the bag last night do you recommend I return it from your experienced? If so should I get the official DJI version or the fearless bag?
Don't get the fearless backpack. The one I got today doesn't fit the P3! The insert isn't cut right. It would take a lot of work to get it to work. But worse, it exceeds the airline size limits of 22X14X9" for carry on.

You guys that use the DJI hardshell backpack, (talking to you, 'poker), I'm assuming you fly using your phone? The thing won't fit a tablet, which is the single reason I don't want it. I don't mind spending the cash for a good bag, but it needs to fit gear. The fearless bag needs mods just to fit the quad, so not going there.

This is the 3rd party hardshell backpack I received for my P3A bundle yesterday - Especially for Phantom. Has the same shape as the original DJI hardshell, without the DJI logo and the four rubber legs.

http://www.dronenerds.com/products/...m-3-pro-advanced-esphardshell-dronenerds.html

Bought from an authorised Australian dealer of course, not from Dronenerds in US.
I pretty much have the same bag but from EBay. I also just bought the fearless bag which came with 2 props and a 64gb micro SD card and now I'm hearing the P3P is having fitment issues I have no idea what to do now. The DJI replica is cool just doesn't fit a tablet I can't keep buying bags and trying to return them im losing money as of right now I have a brand new DJI replica that I don't won't and need to sell I receive the fearless bag tomorrow I will test it out

I pretty much have the same bag but from EBay. I also just bought the fearless bag which came with 2 props and a 64gb micro SD card and now I'm hearing the P3P is having fitment issues I have no idea what to do now. The DJI replica is cool just doesn't fit a tablet I can't keep buying bags and trying to return them im losing money as of right now I have a brand new DJI replica that I don't won't and need to sell I receive the fearless bag tomorrow I will test it out
I think my next step is to checkout the Go Professional Cases backpack. That one looks interesting, but it's a bit more expensive. If the quality is there I would be OK with it. I just need to figure out the difference between their STANDARD version and the LIMITED version. It's not clear in their website.

The GPC backpack appears to have nice shoulder straps and a wide belt strap, which is key for hiking into remote places. The pack size is only slightly too long for the airline carry on spec, it states is 23X14X9" and the airline spec is no larger than 22X14X9". I think that would pass muster on most airlines, being so close. I'm a huge fan of using a backpack for my P3P, it has enabled me to launch in places that otherwise would be impossible to explore. I've grown so fond of the flexibility a backpack provides that I'm willing to invest in a really good one.

The photo shows the GPC backpack holding 6 batteries, but no area to stuff the charger, other than a side zipper pouch. Since I only have 4 batteries, if I like the GP backpack I would likely cut out the wall between two of the battery compartments, making a spot suitable for the battery charger. This leaves 4 battery slots, plus one in the drone (total of 5). I think that backpack looks great, so I plan to order one since the Fearless didn't work out.

UPDATE:
I just spoke with GPC, the only difference in the Limited and Standard version is the fabric, they use a more rugged "military grade" fabric on the limited edition, it costs $50 more. Also, the limited version has a lifetime warranty, the standard has a 3mo warranty. I've seen some reviews on Amazon complaining about fabric rips on the standard version, and some glue separation on the insert, so the lifetime warranty is important. I expect to be ordering the limited version very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fplvert
I should be receiving the fearless bag tomorrow and I will check everything out before making a decision, John you're the first person that I've seen who doesn't care for it everyone else swears by it thus the reason I ordered one

Well I got the Fearless bag today for P3. Great material, but it's got major problems. The drone doesn't fit! It literally doesn't fit, it's way too tight. I'm afraid I'm going to break the craft pushing it in so hard. The insert expects the landing gear to bow in when pushed into place. Unfortunately I've got the carbon fiber camera guard across the bottom, this prevents the landing get from bowing, hence I would need to carve up the insert guts to get it to fit right. I've also got the strong arm braces installed on my P3 and the slight lip those provide won't let each motor pod to fit either. The insert foam is way to dense. And to top things off, it's too big for airline carry on, measuring 21X16X10" when the limits are 22X14X9". I'm totally disappointed, I've gotta send it back. Darn it. My Chinese cheapy is still the best backpack so far, even with it's cheap materials. It's got the best ergonomics and carries everything I need. My search continues for a better backpack.

I want to get a cheapy.

Would you mind posting a link to where you got your Chinese cheapy?

Great cheapy (imho): Amazon.com - Cheerwing® Outdoor Sport Travel Shoulder Backpack Bag Carrying Case For DJI Phantom 3 Professional, Phantom 3 Advanced - $42 for Amazon Prime but there were cheaper ones if you were willing to wait

The DJI hardshell backpack retails for $149. However, a quick Ebay search shows many similar looking hardshell backpacks for less - some as low as $65 - that appear to be practically the same except a picture of a quad replaces the DJI logo.

Has anyone been able to physically compare the official DJI backpack to these, I assume, knock-offs? Is there a legitimate reason to go ahead and spend the $149???

I bought the £40 version from eBay. so happy with it, great quality and from what i have heard from others is its identical apart from the logo on the front. seems mad to spend 3 times the amount just to have the 'official' dji case. the money i saved allowed me to buy another battery :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj