Question about backpacks

i've got the MCM hard case & a knockoff hardshell backpack.
the case is great (you do have to cut the foam out yourself -- no insert), but waaaay heavier
than the backpack.

100% EXACTLY the bag I am looking at that is making me balk at the $149 DJI hardshell pack! I will be quite anxious for your review!

The backpack should be delivered on Monday I will provide you with an update and some pics

I think it is important to have a case where you can leave the props attached. Much quicker setup and the less you have to take the props on and off the longer the plastic thread will last.

2mins max to put the props on - I think leaving the props on with a case would lead to unbalanced/pressed against props.

I have a $35 generic soft backpack that seems to work great. Holds bird without props but can fit 5 batteries (1 in bird) and all my accessories, plenty of padding all around and should be right size to carry on a plane. Would love to hear about experiences and/or issues on carrying your drone while flying commercial, as I am considering taking it with me to Utah and Wyoming next summer, flying from Florida.

Here's the backpack I bought off of eBay it looks just like the one DJI offers for $149 on the inside, not bad for half the price. image.jpegimage.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 340
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
A few more pics if your using prop guards (removable) you will need to modify the styrofoam a little for the P3 to fit I've decided to remove my prop guards after reading a few post and experience turbelance when descending.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 357
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 234
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 303
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
Yes, they obviously copied the @dji design, very well. ;-)
But there are many differences, that I can spot right off.
Example, where the foam feet of the landing skids sit in the case, the @dji case foam, is cut out, right through the foam there.
The outside finish resembles these @dji bags, but it doesn't look the same. Yeah, the quad copter emblem, instead of @dji trademark.

One noticeable fault, is the narrow distance between the two straps that 'should' hold down all three batteries in their compartments.
It appears that one battery, will be free to travel. Not that it could go very far with the zipped up lid, closed.

The stitching of the shoulder straps are less than adequate, and some fellow forum members have had to get them resown, at a cost, at their local shoemakers shop.
If the money you folks have saved, makes up for the differences, then you, fare thee well.
I try to avoid knockoffs. 'Counterfeit merchandise' in any other nation.

RedHotPoker

I wish I could see the DJI version in person. I'm lucky that I live in NYC and could take a trip to bandh but I can only go on Sat at the moment and they are closed then. I'm just like you I rather pay the price and have quality material with that being said the bag is not horrible at all and will work for many but I rather have the original.

I have a $35 generic soft backpack that seems to work great. Holds bird without props but can fit 5 batteries (1 in bird) and all my accessories, plenty of padding all around and should be right size to carry on a plane. Would love to hear about experiences and/or issues on carrying your drone while flying commercial, as I am considering taking it with me to Utah and Wyoming next summer, flying from Florida.
I have your exact backpack, it works good ...... for a while. You'll love the utility of having a backpack, one of my favorite things to provide a lot more flight location options. This is a key benefit of the P3 over the Inspire, something that is important for recreational flying, flight location versitality. It's small and light. I've made 6 flights on airlines using my backpack as carry on, no problems at all. TSA has never asked me to open the bag, I think they know what it is by looking at it. I'm sure there are hundreds of these going through security every day. Since I never use my Microraptor hardcase anymore I have opted to buy a higher quality backpack. The top of the shoulder strap ripped of my Chinese cheapy backpack, had to have it repaired but unsure how long it will last, given the gentle care I give it all the time. I opted for the Fearless P3 backpack, should arrive this week. I like that it has a waist belt, plus much more durable fabric. Lots of pockets too.

I have your exact backpack, it works good ...... for a while. You'll love the utility of having a backpack, one of my favorite things to provide a lot more flight location options. This is a key benefit of the P3 over the Inspire, something that is important for recreational flying, flight location versitality. It's small and light. I've made 6 flights on airlines using my backpack as carry on, no problems at all. TSA has never asked me to open the bag, I think they know what it is by looking at it. I'm sure there are hundreds of these going through security every day. Since I never use my Microraptor hardcase anymore I have opted to buy a higher quality backpack. The top of the shoulder strap ripped of my Chinese cheapy backpack, had to have it repaired but unsure how long it will last, given the gentle care I give it all the time. I opted for the Fearless P3 backpack, should arrive this week. I like that it has a waist belt, plus much more durable fabric. Lots of pockets too.

I just got the bag last night do you recommend I return it from your experienced? If so should I get the official DJI version or the fearless bag?

You really can't return it to China, not worth the shipping cost. I assume it's from China, right? If it's an Amazon US shipper, I'd return it and get the Fearless. I personally haven't seen the DJI hard backpack, but people have reported it's very nice, but limited on space. I need space for more than what the DJI can hold, based on what I've read about it. If you can wait, I'll report back on the Fearless bag later this week after I use it.

You really can't return it to China, not worth the shipping cost. I assume it's from China, right? If it's an Amazon US shipper, I'd return it and get the Fearless. I personally haven't seen the DJI hard backpack, but people have reported it's very nice, but limited on space. I need space for more than what the DJI can hold, based on what I've read about it. If you can wait, I'll report back on the Fearless bag later this week after I use it.
I bought mine off of eBay and the user is from Cali

Backpack Hard Shoulder Bag Carrying Case Box For DJI Phantom 3 Pro Advanced

I ended up with 2 backpacks (first was accidentally for Phantom 2 instead of 3 Pro). I was able to sell the unneeded on on ebay easily and get back most of what I spent.

I ended up with 2 backpacks (first was accidentally for Phantom 2 instead of 3 Pro). I was able to sell the unneeded on on ebay easily and get back most of what I spent.

I'm thinking it may be easier for me to sell it than to try and return it if anyone is interested the bag is new I received it yesterday sell it for $70 shipped.

Yes, they obviously copied the @dji design, very well. ;-)
But there are many differences, that I can spot right off.
Example, where the foam feet of the landing skids sit in the case, the @dji case foam, is cut out, right through the foam there.
The outside finish resembles these @dji bags, but it doesn't look the same. Yeah, the quad copter emblem, instead of @dji trademark.

One noticeable fault, is the narrow distance between the two straps that 'should' hold down all three batteries in their compartments.
It appears that one battery, will be free to travel. Not that it could go very far with the zipped up lid, closed.

The stitching of the shoulder straps are less than adequate, and some fellow forum members have had to get them resown, at a cost, at their local shoemakers shop.
If the money you folks have saved, makes up for the differences, then you, fare thee well.
I try to avoid knockoffs. 'Counterfeit merchandise' in any other nation.

RedHotPoker

In the case of the Official DJI hardpack vs the "quadcopter logo" hardpacks... they are both made in Guangzhou China. It is not as if the DJI pack is American made etc.

I wish I could see the DJI version in person. I'm lucky that I live in NYC and could take a trip to bandh but I can only go on Sat at the moment and they are closed then. I'm just like you I rather pay the price and have quality material with that being said the bag is not horrible at all and will work for many but I rather have the original.

The DJI hardpack is nice. I handled it at Micro Center. However, it is NOT worth $149 and I seriously question if it is any better than the $75 "quadcopter logo" Cheerwing packs on Ebay - which I haven't been able to see in person.

If I decide to spend at the over $100 level, I think I will forego the hardpacks altogether and get a Fearless.

"Made In America" doesn't necessarily mean heightened build quality.
It Doesn't matter, One is a knockoff, & not from the Same bag manufacturer.

Anyway, buy what suits Your needs and budget, and don't worry about us, with a slightly better built bag. ;-)

Perhaps get some extra stitching done, before the straps rip free? ;-)

Good luck, I do hope your cheaper bag/s holds up to the rigours of Us.

RedHotPoker

"Made In America" doesn't necessarily mean heightened build quality.
It Doesn't matter, One is a knockoff, & not from the Same bag manufacturer.

Anyway, buy what suits Your needs and budget, and don't worry about us, with a slightly better built bag. ;-)

Perhaps get some extra stitching done, before the straps rip free? ;-)

Good luck, I do hope your cheaper bag/s holds up to the rigours of Us.

RedHotPoker

I just bought the fearless bag and I'm currently selling the DJI replica

Make me grin fella!! You rock. Buy right, up front.
Entering into the large RC arena, saving money was never a thought.
I knew going in, that this hobby-adventure would cost me plenty, yeah many of them shiny brass/copper pennies.

It's all been well worth the time, effort and great expense to me.
Love this RC stuff, so much. Ah, perhaps to a fault. Hehe

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik