QUAD (not Phantom) but still NEED HELP! - NEVERMIND - fixed!

Reaction score
So...I bought, built, and set up a Jumper 600 quad with a NAZA-lite. EVERYTHING, and I mean everything was triple checked. The NAZA faces forward, the GPS faces forward, and all props turn in their proper direction in the field. Used the proper Assistant software and all sticks and switches respond appropriately in the software. So...here's where it gets totally confusing, and I don't know what to do.

The quad is responding to transmitter stick inputs as if the FRONT of the machine is 90 degrees from where it actually IS, which of course wreaks havoc with the gyro/GPS module, and the machine flips!!! After carefully modulating the throttle so that the quad JUST is about to lift off but can't, I was able to determine that a forward push which ordinarily would result in the copter moving forward results in motion designed to roll LEFT. I'm virtually certain I have the motor plugs connected properly to the NAZA. What I don't understand (by that I mean I'm clueless as to the influence of the outputs of the ESC's wires) - but THAT shouldn't matter anyway because the props (at idle) are turning in the proper direction. It's about commands to the individual motors.

ARGH!! The wires are all tucked just so. I guess I'm going to have to pull them all out and RE-RE-check the M1 - M4 connections to the ESC's unless someone has a better analysis and plan... :oops:

EDIT: OK...I'm an idiot. I got some of the outputs from the NAZA to ESC's wrong. Fixed it and it hovered like a dream. A SCARY dream, but steady like a rock. I'm pleased.

PF

Re: QUAD (not Phantom) but still NEED HELP! - NEVERMIND - fi

The motor check in the Naza is your friend. ;)

Re: QUAD (not Phantom) but still NEED HELP! - NEVERMIND - fi

There doesn't appear to be a motor check in the Naza lite assistant program. In fact, the program is quite rudimentary in comparison to the NAZAM Assistant that I use for my Phantom. Maybe I'll check again in the morning - perhaps I missed it?

PF

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj