Purchasing a P3 broken unit

Reaction score
Hello Friends. I'm very new to Drones and so far have played with my kid's drones for fun. I do electronics as a hobby for 30 years now.
recently one guy offered me P3 Standard unit with below condition
1. No battery
2. Gimble cable has broken
3. gimble unit seems tampered - open the cover...etc.

The cost was of this unit is 70 USD and my intention is to repair it by my self. i can get a gimble parts from UK via my friend and Ship to Sri lanka(where i live) what is your recommendation of this.

Note - I tested the unit and once the GPS part is done. 4 motors are spinning. but did not fly it . cannot to the wifi as the total unit looks broken

Chirath

Might be easier to get a complete gimble so you know it's good,always a gamble with broken drones,,if motors start that's good thing but no wifi conect since gimble off
Nothing wrong with p3s,,good solid drone,I had mine 5 years before sold it and it still goes today.
Either a ribbon cable set or complete gimble and cam you be laughing. Batterys pretty cheap for the p3s,good luck ;)

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Might be easier to get a complete gimble so you know it's good,always a gamble with broken drones,,if motors start that's good thing but no wifi conect since gimble off
Nothing wrong with p3s,,good solid drone,I had mine 5 years before sold it and it still goes today.
Either a ribbon cable set or complete gimble and cam you be laughing. Batterys pretty cheap for the p3s,good luck ;)
Thank you for the update. the base unit - 4 motors and ESC module - what are the common errors?

Common errors mostly wifi issues, some good and some upgrade the anttenna for better signal and range to avoid drop out of transmission! No real issues with the p3s,they very reliable compared to some drones in the phantom range

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj