Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Re: Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Hel

Xenn0X said:
Bought the moverio and like it very much.
at my local specs i asked them to put prescription lenses in the added prescription mount and works great..
Had to root it and install play store to get the WiFi booster app working but that wasn't that hard.

Made a root guide with all needed apk and pics.
https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... stallatie/
how long is it supposed to take the blue button to turn green in baiduroot? when i click the blue button it gives a choice to select bluetooth or facebook?

Thanks Delbert

I have to say I love these things. Maybe just my poor eyes though, not sure but I find reading anything a little difficult, a little fuzzy and to alleviate that fact I have to adjust the glasses depending where writing is on the screen. Middle isn't bad, just have to focus a bit, edges and corners I have to adjust glasses. Last thing is and maybe there is a setting or app for this I could be helped with is I would like to record the drone from my position using the glasses and still see what the drone sees through the glasses. It appears the camera app needs to be on screen in order to record. So when you switch to dji app the recording of what you see stops. Any advice on this? I suppose It is no biggie and I could just hit record on the dji app then switch to the glasses camera app and keep that running, but I would prefer to see what the drone sees as it's recording... Provided that the dji app doesn't stop recording when you make the switch from it too lol.

Xenn0X said:
Yes have the issue too..
I have sended this issue to dji and epson via twitter.
Screenshot_2014-07-29-19-47-06.png

https://www.laurensvanduijn.nl/wordpres ... deo-issue/

edit:
Epson will investigate.
Eric Mizufuka ‏@WTEric 33m
@LaurensvanDuijn @DJIGlobal @DJIforums - I'm out of the office this week, but will be sure and investigate as soon as I am back home!
Hi did you ever get this off to the right image problem sorted? What did epson come back with?

Purchased the Moverio BT-200 Smart Glasses? Review & Help.

Well today my BT200 went out for their first and last flight. I was hoping not to be posting this but have to say, I'm massively disappointed. The quality of the video is so bad, pixelated and just plain too hard to see in bright daylight. This is despite having black card over the relevant area on the glasses so as to maximise screen visibility to the eyes. Also, the video part was skewed over to the right of the screen. I feel it's a half thought out product that does not meet the requirement to provide good part immersive experience. The poor pixelated screen quality just does not allow accurate flying to the point where I had to keep lifting the goggles to get a proper visual.

I'm really surprised at my experience as many on here have given it such positive reviews promoted a swift purchase. I so wanted this to be the kit that just worked off the bat but too many fiddly workarounds required, screen orientation problem, screen skewed off to the right and vision app not up to par yet.

I don't want to disuade others from buying the BT200 but had to post my experience for the benefit of those swithering to buy them. This was my experience and sadly the unit is going back for refund.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I was on the fence between these glasses and the Zeiss Cinemizer OLED glasses and after reading this I'm happy I chose the Cinemizer glasses. So far I've only flew with them a couple of times but must say my experience has been very good so far so I highly recommend them if you're still shopping for a good pair of FPV glasses.

Thanks mate. I'm going to need A LOT of convincing before opting for any goggles again, at least not until the picture quality is far enhanced from current offerings. If we are to put trust in goggles for flight they need to be an extension of the eyes and nothing out there is doing that. But glad you are enjoying your experience.

Might be so but to me and comparing to having to rely on the small display of my Sony Xperia Z2 using the Zeiss glasses is a major improvement and finally I dare to fly using nothing but FPV and still feel confident.

Looking at the image quality I find it really good and especially after changing the preview resolution to 640x480 which is working really good using the FPV Booster app. Had lots of stuttering when using that resolution before I started using the FPV Booster app.

I'm a little curious though how the new FatShark Dominator HD glasses perform, I think those might be very good as well.

WebMaximus said:
Might be so but to me and comparing to having to rely on the small display of my Sony Xperia Z2 using the Zeiss glasses is a major improvement and finally I dare to fly using nothing but FPV and still feel confident.

Looking at the image quality I find it really good and especially after changing the preview resolution to 640x480 which is working really good using the FPV Booster app. Had lots of stuttering when using that resolution before I started using the FPV Booster app.

I'm a little curious though how the new FatShark Dominator HD glasses perform, I think those might be very good as well.

I hear you. I'm not ruling out good FPV goggles in the future, for me, the quality isn't there. For those wishing to buy BT200 you will be sorely disappointed if you think the experience is anything like this in their sales video (see pic). The screen is a fraction of this and way off to the right, and poor quality not at all reflective of what you see here. I do think this is mis-selling. The concept is good however, falls way short in real use. On a positive note, Epson's customer service is exceptional.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 10.48.53.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 10.48.53.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 532

aljames said:
I feel it's a half thought out product that does not meet the requirement to provide good part immersive experience. .

They were never intended for an immersive experience. You want Fat Sharks. The BT-200 (for our purpose) is great if you want to see FPV and LOS at the same time. That was my expectation and that's what I got.

Doono said:
aljames said:
I feel it's a half thought out product that does not meet the requirement to provide good part immersive experience. .

They were never intended for an immersive experience. You want Fat Sharks. The BT-200 (for our purpose) is great if you want to see FPV and LOS at the same time. That was my expectation and that's what I got.

I used the wrong word 'immersive' I accept that. The quality of what you see isn't good to my eyes. And the graphic on the marketing material that I posted above is mis selling. You're not going to tell me you see full screen, and high resolution like on that picture are you?

Don't know if this has already been posted.

Attachments

• optical.JPG
    optical.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 489

I just received the BT-200's and have been able to get the app loaded and a connection to the pv2+. I can not pant tilt the camera, when I use the controls nothing happens. I am on the latest firmware for the bt-200's and the latest version of the app (1.0.52apk) Has anyone else had this issue or anything like it? I am on an R version :x My camera and gimbal work perfectly with my phone and tablets
Also if anyone has solid info on contacting the right person at Epson or DJI about this issue it would be appreciated
Thanks!

Update. Got it working

Has any figured out how to deal with the shift to the right in the camera screen?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl