Proud new Drone Daddy!

Reaction score
It's a P4P Obsidian!

Hello to all of you PhantomPilots out there! I am not new to DJI Drones but I am brand new to the Phantom family. I was incredibly bummed this week when my Mavic Pro clipped a tree and fell 40 feet to the ground, ouch! :( I do have Care Refresh though, so a new one will come in time... I really love the Mavic but have been pining for the better camera sensor and 100mb/s video for a while now and thus have been eyeing a Phantom 4 Pro Upgrade. I was waiting on the P5 to come out but I took it as a sign to pickup a second drone while I wait for the refresh on the Mavic Pro to go through. Also, who knows when the P5 will really come out and the P4P will be no slouch either way. I just bought a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian! I am super stoked about it and am looking forward to participating in the community here!

Fly On, Fly Safe, Fly Often!
Sean (Boston, MA USA)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Reactions: PhantomForePlay
Welcome to the Phantom family! Enjoy that P4P, fly safe!

Howdy, from Texas! I just flew my P4 a couple of days ago after having it sit on the sidelines for a while after mostly flying my Mavic Pro. I almost forgot that it is enjoyable to fly even though it is a more 'ancient' and 'primitive' model. I will start flying it more to give my MP a rest and still be happy.
Cheers!!!

Howdy, from Texas! I just flew my P4 a couple of days ago after having it sit on the sidelines for a while after mostly flying my Mavic Pro. I almost forgot that it is enjoyable to fly even though it is a more 'ancient' and 'primitive' model. I will start flying it more to give my MP a rest and still be happy.
Cheers!!!

Yes, I think they both have their place and that's why I want both in my arsenal. I am also not interested in waiting for my new Mavic to come from DJI under care refresh (glad I got it now though) without any done to fly. The Mavic Pro will still be a great drone for portability and the Phantom for its superior camera and features. Drones are like tools...need to have the right one for the right job and nothing wrong with loving them all! Do you have have the original P4, P4 Advanced or P4 Pro?

Reactions: ftttu
Yes, I think they both have their place and that's why I want both in my arsenal. I am also not interested in waiting for my new Mavic to come from DJI under care refresh (glad I got it now though) without any done to fly. The Mavic Pro will still be a great drone for portability and the Phantom for its superior camera and features. Drones are like tools...need to have the right one for the right job and nothing wrong with loving them all! Do you have have the original P4, P4 Advanced or P4 Pro?
I just have a P4, but I'm pretty sure all Phantom 4 iterations fly and handle in a similar manner.

My first bird was the P4, and I got my MP this last Christmas day. My problem with the P4 was that I was getting cracks in the airframe even though I took care of it. Also, it just wasn't as portable as the Mavic Pro or as "quiet." I really don't require perfect 4k video for my Litchi waypoint mission, but I do miss the P4's seemingly better video and field of view. I'm sure I would love the Advanced or P4P's advanced abilities and camera, but I'm on the smaller and folding bandwagon at this point in time.

The only reason I'd get the next iteration of the Mavic Pro is if I lose my current one. If my P4 takes a dive, I won't replace it with another Phantom at this point in my retirement hobby.

I just have a P4, but I'm pretty sure all Phantom 4 iterations fly and handle in a similar manner.

My first bird was the P4, and I got my MP this last Christmas day. My problem with the P4 was that I was getting cracks in the airframe even though I took care of it. Also, it just wasn't as portable as the Mavic Pro or as "quiet." I really don't require perfect 4k video for my Litchi waypoint mission, but I do miss the P4's seemingly better video and field of view. I'm sure I would love the Advanced or P4P's advanced abilities and camera, but I'm on the smaller and folding bandwagon at this point in time.

The only reason I'd get the next iteration of the Mavic Pro is if I lose my current one. If my P4 takes a dive, I won't replace it with another Phantom at this point in my retirement hobby.
That's great the Mavic is an awesome and convenient drone! You would likely enjoy the Mavic Air too. For the price and improved camera it's a great option. I just think the WiFi only RC can be limiting depending on the amount of interference in the flight area. Enjoy! I think it is an excellent retirement hobby!

That's great the Mavic is an awesome and convenient drone! You would likely enjoy the Mavic Air too. For the price and improved camera it's a great option. I just think the WiFi only RC can be limiting depending on the amount of interference in the flight area. Enjoy! I think it is an excellent retirement hobby!
I recommend the Mavic Air for the masses who want a vlos drone with a very decent camera, great portability and cool flight modes, but as for me, I need as much range as I can get. The Air is louder, doesn't have the range I need with the battery and enhanced wifi, and I would really miss the data being on the RC. I'd be happy with it for the most part, but again, I need what it doesn't have since I fly long distance Litchi waypoint missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1