Protecting the Zenmuse gimbal while carrying in pack

Reaction score
I'm going to be carrying my P2V+(modified now the the Quickrelease with the Zenmuse gimbal) into the backcountry a lot this winter. Has anyone found a good solution to clamping down the camera/gimbal so that it does not get damaged while jostling around in a carrying backpack made to carry the Phantom? Obviously the Vision+ clamp won't work.

Mike

are you saying you modded a P2V+ over to a Zenmuse H3-3D ? so it's basically like a non-Vision? There are plenty of gimbal securing devices for sale on shapeways.com, just search for zenmuse there

Yes, took the vision plus and converted it into a P2 + Zenmuse + GoPro 3 or 4 to get better frame rates and video quality. It's pretty dramatic...
(Using Dronexpert's Quickrelease system).

Ahh, I see the Zen clip - thanks for the tip. Shapeways is making some smart addons.

gword256 said:
I had him/her provide it in Orange so it's highly visible and reminds me to take it off before flight.

Edit: I also like this idea but it not available for the 3H3-D version.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/2626861 ... erialId=62

definitely good call on the color as a reminder.

also yep, I'd like that other style transport lock I wish he'd make a H3-3D version too!

yes exactly like that!

I have pondered one of these as well. Not just for hiking but bouncing around in the car. Do you guys think damage could occur from the gimbal bouncing around in the case? It seems like cheap insurance anyway. As long as you don't forgot to remove it when you fly.

WPSPETE said:
I have pondered one of these as well. Not just for hiking but bouncing around in the car. Do you guys think damage could occur from the gimbal bouncing around in the case? It seems like cheap insurance anyway. As long as you don't forgot to remove it when you fly.

you don't want the gimbal bouncing around unpowered, unsecured ... ever. hiking, car, doesn't matter. do it in a crazy bright color like someone else mentioned but if you completely forget something like that before you fly... well that's just dumb :)

QYV said:
WPSPETE said:

you don't want the gimbal bouncing around unpowered, unsecured ... ever. hiking, car, doesn't matter. do it in a crazy bright color like someone else mentioned but if you completely forget something like that before you fly... well that's just dumb :)

Ok thanks, should be part of the pre-flight anyway. And/or get one of these,

http://www.amazon.ca/Remove-Before-...18160295&sr=8-1&keywords=remove+before+flight

There is a more readily available solution to this issue. Stabilization of the gimbal is rarely needed when the phantom isn't in the case. So when it's in the case use some soft foam or lightweight towels to cushion the gimbal. Using this method of protection is more cost friendly and you don't have to worry about damaging any components by forgetting to remove a clip that is intended to protect the gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj