Props change & general maintenance p3s

Hi guys,

This is the first time I’ve heard of the tip over, which seems to be experienced by quiet a few of us... does anyone know the main causes and what to avoid to prevent it from happening.

Many thanks
For me it was a matter of trying to shut off the motors with the CSC maneuver. A little too much push and the motors will thrust and cause the AC to tip. Or landing in tall grass!

The next time you power up, before taking off, give the right stick a slight push in any direction and you will see the thing start to lean.

So for me it was practice shutting down and landing on smooth surfaces.

Reactions: MalteseKev
Hi Folks,

Thanks for such a quick response!

I’ll check over the remaining blades and keep as emergency replacements. Do you have any experiences with non-dji to dji props?
Seen lots to choose from on eBay and bit nervous to purchase non branded. Great tip on the battery cover, will look into.

All the best for now.

Kev

I would discourage the use of non-DJI. It's not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Forgive me, am I posting wrongly? New on here. Kev
Ok figured the ‘reply’ th
For me it was a matter of trying to shut off the motors with the CSC maneuver. A little too much push and the motors will thrust and cause the AC to tip. Or landing in tall grass!

The next time you power up, before taking off, give the right stick a slight push in any direction and you will see the thing start to lean.

So for me it was practice shutting down and landing on smooth surfaces.

Cheers Guys... when someone points out the obvious... I wonder why I didn’t think of that!

To answer the question regarding prop balance other than DJI's, I would strongly suggest Master Airscrew props. I have never put props on my quads or even in my travel bag until I have checked and adjusted for balance. The Master Airscrew props have been 99.9% balanced right out of the box. They also have the luxury of touting quieter operation. DJI is less expensive but just as well balanced. After all DJI tests their birds with their own props so you should and can expect precision. It is nice to have a choice.

To answer the question regarding prop balance other than DJI's, I would strongly suggest Master Airscrew props. I have never put props on my quads or even in my travel bag until I have checked and adjusted for balance. The Master Airscrew props have been 99.9% balanced right out of the box. They also have the luxury of touting quieter operation. DJI is less expensive but just as well balanced. After all DJI tests their birds with their own props so you should and can expect precision. It is nice to have a choice.
Thanks! Will check them out.

I think I will try to fly these again.
Props IMG_6519.JPG

Image is from:
Standard - Must-Have Accessories

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing