Propellers

Reaction score
Hi! I have a problem with one propeller that stuck after flaying. I have a phantom 3 pro.

As in the motor is binding or seized, or the prop is stuck on the shaft?

The P3s use a composite hub (plastic like) to better grab the shaft to prevent it from spinning off in-flight due to the dynamic braking introduced with them.

You'll need to grab the motor bell (outrunner) with a strap wrench or other non-scratching device and unscrew the prop from it. Be very aware of the proper direction for removal as it may be clockwise depending on which motor it is.

The unlock symbol on the top of the prop shows you which direction the prop should be turned to remove it.

Prop.jpg

Reactions: N017RW
In the box that P3 comes in ... is the motor hold tool to allow hard to unscrew props to be removed....

'misinger' post above shows it.

Nigel

Just a heads up about this type of thing... My P2V+ had a hard to remove prop during my last assignment and the plastic center hub began slipping as I turned/unscrewed the prop while holding the motor still with the motor wrench. The white prop was actually turning while the plastic silver hub was not. I had to carefully saw a slot into the top of the plastic hub and turn it with a flat-head screw driver to remove it. That had never happened to me before -- and naturally I replaced it with a new prop.

I know about the holder that came with the drone. But it was not good enough to keep the motor from turning!

Try putting a single layer of rough cloth between 'tool' and motor case ...

If the 'tool' cannot budge the prop - then something is wrong !

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl