Propellers too tight - missing ratchet

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My phantom 3 advanced is not even 3 weeks old but I managed to get into a minor incident. I was flying low outside my house and during landing, managed to side-sweep the house. The propellers hit the wall and the drone fell about 4 feet onto a bed of flowers in my yard (cannot get a softer landing than that). Absolutely no damage to the body, no scratches whatsoever but the propellers are a bit shot although there are no cracks or chips.
Getting back to the main point, I tried to remove the propellers but they are a but too tight as a result of the fiasco. I searched a bit and saw that usually a wrench is supplied during purchase. However, I received no such thing and was wondering where I should buy one. I saw a few on amazon but want to make sure that it will fit.
Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello,
Same thing happened to me, no wreck, just a flip on its side, but one prop was REALLY tight on my p2v, I also have no tool.
I found if you grip the motor bell tightly with your hand, than tap the TRAILING EDGE ( low side of prop, or back side ), of prop with blunt object ( I used a Woode spoon handle ) gave her a couple taps, and off she came. I do not recommend this on good props, but if your props are TRUELY damaged, than a few more dings won't hurt anyhow. Give it some solid taps, don't lose your mind, just a couple decent taps should do. Just FYI it worked for me, as my prop was cracked at top anyhow. Flipped on its side on a landing, my fault. ( tried to land on uneven ground as a wire came untied and was hanging down from my gimbal ) I believe it tried to correct itself causing the flip, no damage except 2 prop tips were cracked. 1 was really tight, other came right off. But the tool is good to have for sure, but this might work until then?

J Dot
:cool:

I got in touch with Amazon customer support and they are offering a free replacement of the entire drone!
Wonder whether I should do it? My drone is working wine albeit the minor accident.
I told them some parts are missing (wrench, landing pads)

It really depends on which version you have because earlier P3's had different wrenches then the a series. Plus as far as I know, DJI doesn't sell just the wrenches. But a wrench can be made easy enough.

Quick update: After a chat with the Amazon rep, he said "no problem, your replacement drone is on the way!" . Frankly, didnt even ask for one but talk about great customer service! the new one will be here on tuesday and I have 30 days to ship back the existing one. I have mixed feelings since I had developed a bond with my phantom over the last few days.

Reactions: JTC and Reed L
Be sure that you are turning the props in the correct direction when installing or removing. Very easy to get in wrong. (left and right hand threads)

Reactions: crazyrider

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl