Propeller upgrade

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone out knows of any propeller upgrades? When I say upgrades I mean more pitch to make the quadcopter fly faster and more more active. Thanks.

I'm not sure which Phantom you're flying. However, it's generally best to only use DJI props. They were designed for the Phantom, they work very well, and using them will never void your warranty.

Like msinger says, fly with dji props only. Search this forum for post on props and you will have the ups and downs of props. A stiffer prop may make your bird accelerate and bank faster but this will induce greater forces in your craft that may prematurely wear (crack) your bird. OEM plastic props help absorb vibration and shock loads.

Hard to help you if you won't tell us what you're flying.

If you're flying a P2V with DJI 9443s, you can switch to DJI 9450s. There's your upgrade.

I suspect you are wasting your time. Maximum pitch (aircraft attitude) is limited by the flight controller and greater prop pitch will simply require less RPM from the motors for a given thrust (all controlled by the propulsion system algorithms). A lower RPM with higher than designed pitch will draw higher current with a likely reduction in efficiency, overall responsiveness may even be less than with standard props.

Ok thanks. Just was thinking about it to make it a little more active. Guess I'd be better of just buying different bird

Side question; are the DJI Carbon props an upgrade at all?

I'm a bit afraid of a carbon failure as when carbon fails, it's fails catastrophically

Side question; are the DJI Carbon props an upgrade at all?

I'm a bit afraid of a carbon failure as when carbon fails, it's fails catastrophically
Some people say stay away, some people say they gave them better performance and some say they seen no improvement. I think just staying with the stock DJI props is probably the best answer because if you crash and your props hit the ground its going to do more damage to the drone than it is to the props, At-least the stock props will break.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Some people say stay away, some people say they gave them better performance and some say they seen no improvement. I think just staying with the stock DJI props is probably the best answer because if you crash and your props hit the ground its going to do more damage to the drone than it is to the props, At-least the stock props will break.

good points - thx

Reactions: QuadcopterCrazy
With an aircraft like the phantom series DJI would of done all the testing to match prop pitch to motor output. Increasing prop pitch may sound a good idea but the extra stress that would be put on the motors and airframe could cause a fatal crash. If you want something faster getting a get plane would be a better option

Thanks Darren, I know the easy answer :)
Once I got the Phantom for a couple of months already, I feel like its time for experimenting, so lets see.
I have placed my order and will share more once I got them.

Reactions: Darren Roach
No worries Jim. You will find that these drones will fly pretty fast in sport mode and while flying in atti mode it will fly very gracefully and bank realy nice

Hi Guys, finally had time to test the Mas props and I can say that I'm pretty much amazed. I got the same smooth flight and picture, however it feels more responsive and hell quieter. I have the Phantom 2 and tried all modes (Man, Atti and GPSAtti) and got more or less the same feeling of better agility. I have a buddy who is a Solo guy so we are arguing all the time which is the better platform. Anyway we have finally found something to agree on. Of course on the Solo the difference if phenomenal because of their stock props quality, but I can definitely see improvement on my phantom 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews