Propaganda new propellers

I've read where others are saying exactly the opposite. Is it possible you got a bad batch?

I don't have a P4 so I don't have a dog in this fight one way or the other.

Reactions: NitroMan
Simple test would be to use a sound meter at 2 meters away 2 meters high

The OP's complaint is about less flight time not about noise level.

Reactions: Per Timmermann
I will do side by side in future,I can easily tell because I fly everyday.And I kept getting false obstacle in path warnings. Changed back it it's all good.So believe what you want I went from average 17 to 19 minutes of flying.Down to 14 to 15 with quiet propellers.So for kicks ordered new master air screw propellers.My flight time is better than the stock and quieter.They Are $20.00 and comes with 4 propellers and all the hardware.I will try these for a while I am definitely getting longer flight time with them.When you fly around same area everyday you don't need side by side you can easily tell.

propellers.So for kicks ordered new master air screw propellers.My flight time is better than the stock and quieter.They Are $20.00 and comes with 4 propellers and all the hardware.
The hardware? Does the hardware replace the current DJI mounting hardware?

The New low noise propellers are crap.I used mine a few times,and selling them for half price on eBay.Less flight time by a few minutes.[/QUO

They are crap flight time is down by several minutes the noise level and sound is worse then stock . As i've reported before when i first tested them these are not good props for noise or flight time . put my stock props on today and they are clearly quieter and back up to 22 to 23 mins of flight . i could not hear the stock props when flying out aways 100 plus yards . the high noise props could be heard much further away . i'm thinking of selling mine also as i won't ever use them again . what junk

I don't see any reason for me to ever buy them again simply because they aren't a good bang-for-buck IMHO.
That said they don't seem detrimental in terms of flight time - my only observation - and it was the same with the Mavic low noise props - is that they seem to be more flexible and don't seem to buck the wind as well as a result. Much less stable hovering even in a mild breeze.
Just my observations.

I recently flew a 20 minute video mission with the new props on my fairly new P4P - landed with about 30% battery remaining. The flight was a Litchi flight and never exceeded 25 mph with the majority of the time spent at about 20 mph. I don't have any exact info on running the same mission with the standard props but my experience has been that I would expect about the same flt time/battery remaining.

As far as the noise reduction, I'm not overly impressed. What I find truly annoying is that very high frequency noise that comes from the motors. It sounds like those high frequency tones you hear when you are taking a hearing test. I've heard this while watching some YouTubers demo their new "low noise" props. It is present with either set of props.

As mentioned, other people's testing does not support this. How did you test and get your results? Can you provide a link to your ebay post?
What other tests? I would like to see.Are they just hovering or flying?Hovering may get extra minute but not flying.I saw Ken Huran video he used speed gun and said they were spinning slower.He the assumed they are more efficient.When in fact they catch more air and push more air due to curvature.That being said, it uses more power to push more air especially when flying.So think of it as a torque it takes more power to push more air.Thinner blades turn faster but use less torque which equals less battery drain.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20