Prop guards ...Yes or No

Prop guards... I think they will provide an extended layer of protection.
But after watching this video, now I'm not so sure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Each to their own..

RedHotPoker

It's kind of funny really .When I got my first one a FC40 I ordered the guards at the same time .
I watched a few video's and had printed off the manual but had not joined here yet or even read in here .
I just flew around my place and flew the crap out of it . Never had any of the issue's that are talked about in here .
Didn't even know there could be issue with them . I just knew how it reacted in the wind and however I was flying it .
Had a ball with it till I lost it which was my fault and did find it month's later.
Course I bought my Vision 2 day's after it got gone and joined here . Then I found out just how bad they are :rolleyes:
I guess if you know just how your bird fly's with them you don't have any issue's .
They do take up more battery and catch more wind and I don't use them very much anymore but they do make
for some long threads on why not to use them :D
IMG_2209 (640x640).jpg .......
savy.gif
;)

How did you finally find it, months later?
Had you looked for it prior, or was it returned to you?

Anyway, I hope it was still in good flying order...

RedHotPoker

How did you finally find it, months later?
Had you looked for it prior, or was it returned to you?

Anyway, I hope it was still in good flying order...

RedHotPoker
Wife found it 3 month's later in our pond and yes I looked for it every day . Had just auto landed and I thought it was farther off than it was .

Dripping wet, but in fresh water.
Did you get it dried off, & placed in a container of rice, for several days...?
Have you flown with it since?
Makes a nice Wall Hangar... Otherwise.

These are questions inquiring minds must ask..

RedHotPoker

Prop guards... I think they will provide an extended layer of protection.
But after watching this video, now I'm not so sure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Each to their own..

RedHotPoker
I used to have a girlfriend like that. Not the same dimensions of course but the exact same sparkling personality.

Reactions: Hughie
I used to have a girlfriend like that. Not the same dimensions of course but the exact same sparkling personality.

Hahaha, ah man... Make me laugh... A real charmer was she.
Hey, well you picked her, man. So, no use complaining to us. Hahaha

Only wishing you better luck, in the romance dance department.

RedHotPoker

YES... for the first few flights... you will probably bump into things...
its the difference between wasting $1000+ in your first few flights and not.

Just be cautious on very windy days., but to be honest if your not experienced, don't fly if its to windy.
I didn't find they acted like sails as some say... I did find they saved my quad when I bumped into plants and stuff when I first got it.

VRS shouldn't be an issue now considering how slow the Phantoms descend... but yeah, if you have no experience flying I highly recommend you get them.

Just becareful you do not mix up the screws, its been mentioned already, but using the screws to mount the guards when you are not using the guards will kill your motors, so just pay attention and make sure you put the correct screws back in when you take the guards off..

BTW My info is related to everything except the P3... I have no idea about that quad...

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Indoors only if it's a completele must, if you need them outside learn how to fly for a few more months
I fly without guards but my first few flights I did use them until I was capable of take off and landing without tipping over and running the props into the ground.... I don't get your statement... If you need them for outside flight you need to learn to fly for a few more months... WTF?? How do you suggest he learns to fly??? By flying!!! Don't say fly more inside... take off and landing dynamics are much different outdoors and if you're learning they are great to use!!

Finally got my summitlink guards installed. Easy peasy and kitty approved. I actually think the drone look better with them on and the red will make it easier to tell the front.

sjBgfgK.jpg

vBC6vwW.jpg

PgRnZHF.jpg

1VvCTb9.jpg

I'm a bit on the fence at the moment, I have 2 prop guards on and 2 off. :confused:

Reactions: dirkclod
Finally got my summitlink guards installed. Easy peasy and kitty approved. I actually think the drone look better with them on and the red will make it easier to tell the front.

Make sure to check and double check the screws for binding the motors! the screws on my summitlink were too long and effected the motors rotation, luckily i noticed it after only one flight. In the end i ordered some shorter screws and everything is fine again - Adam

I flew with the Summitlink guards on for the first time and I have to say the wind REALLY effects the handling of the Phanton with them on. It seems to want to drift with the wind and you sort of have to fight it to come back although that just takes some extra power. Not too crazy about the lack of stability. But it definitely looks a lot better

DJI sent out a notice today asking people not to use their prop guards. They come with Phantom 2 motor screws -- which are too long for the Phantom 3.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/#Props
i recently ordered a set from dji and was in live contact with sales rep via text messaging. This was not mentioned. I also didn't receive an email from them. Is it possible for you to copy and past their message here, thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic