Prop Guard string

I consider myself experienced and do use prop guards. I have younger children that get a little anxious when I am flying and I like the added safety. They are not fool proof, they have their problems, and they are not for everyone. But, they make me feel better and add "some" safety.

As for the string, I use 30lb braided fishing line. It was all I had on hand at the time. I tie the line between each two guards. I don't string it all the way through. Strong, almost invisible, and keeps things from getting between the guards if you get too close to something.

Happyflyer said:
Clipper707 said:
Happyflyer said:
Yes, that is OK, but it was his question: "once you use the string how do reuse it if its cut to size" that needed to be answered

Yes, you're right. No alternative suggestions should have been given. My apologies.
Not really. The floss was an interesting alternative. Something thin and strong for a replacement. I know I will keep it in mind.

why cant you leave the string loop intact and just keep all 4 guards tied together with it?? you don't need to cut the string to remove the guards.......

locoworks said:
.....why cant you leave the string loop intact and just keep all 4 guards tied together with it?? you don't need to cut the string to remove the guards.......
Very correct. With the string strung around all four guards and pulled tight to the notches I have shown in the picture, they come off with even less of a problem.

Prop guards, prop guards, where art thou my love?
My fingers are safe because you're in place....
And when I fly high,.... up into the air....
I know all is well because you are there.

Dedicated to Tim

Reactions: kirkdickinson

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl