Prop balancer

Reaction score
I preordered my first bird (P3P) and was wondering if I should order a propeller balancer right-away, or wait to see if I need one.
If you recommend one, which one? I see them all over but have not reference point.
It seems like the magnetic ones would be the best, but again, no prior experience.

Also, should I get prop guards, and if so, which ones?

I have 3 sets of props for my P2V+. All of them were a little off balance. I used the SpeedyTM prop balancer to balance them.

You can find all of the other options that work with DJI props here.

You'll also find the most commonly used prop guards at the link above. I'd recommend one of the snap-on models since they are not semi-permanently screwed into your Phantom. It'll also make your Phantom easier to store since many cases cannot accommodate the Phantom with the prop guards attached.

Last edited:
Will these work with the new hubs of the P3 blades?
I suspect the props aren't quite the same as there's some kind of softer stuff helps keep them on when the motors slow rapidly.
However the threads could well be identical in which case those rods would work.
You'd best wait until actual units are shipped someone will soon find out then.
It won't be that bad without balancing, you may well not need to if no jello or vibration is obvious.

I'm pretty sure balancing helps, but regardless, I'm one of those that just feels better with balanced props. It's like when you tune the engine or change the oil in your car, makes you feel closer to it...

I'm pretty sure balancing helps, but regardless, I'm one of those that just feels better with balanced props. It's like when you tune the engine or change the oil in your car, makes you feel closer to it...
I am with you, I always tinker with my toy's, I get to know them and feel more of a connection, easier to know when something isn't 'right'. I balance all my props with a Du-Bro balancer, best on I have ever had, very versatile for many types of props.

I'm going to get a Du-Bro, bro...mine is just a shaft with appropriate threads that you put on a glass...works, but I'm not impressed with it...

I have both and used the prop from the speedy balancer on the dubro. The speedy is okay, but flimsy by design. I am really happy with the build quality and capability of the dubro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both and used the prop from the speedy balancer on the dubro. The speedy is okay, but flimsy by design. I am really happy with the build quality and capability of the dubro.
So the Du-Bro does NOT come with the rod that you need?

The props are very well balanced stock. Strange though that all my vision plus and now my p3 props the black tips have been spot on but with over 11 different sets on hand from both birds the silver tips are always alittle off a very small piece of tape takes care of it but in reality I don't think I can even tell the differance in the two once running

urgh - just spent the last two hours balancing my probs due to some serious vibrations in my videos today. The black props are perfectly balanced, but the white ones are seriously out! Talk about sanding off most of the props to balance them. For me it was the horizontal hub balancing that took the longest.

Anyway, main reason for the post is this useful balancing video I found. Most are either too long, too brief, or too rubbish - but this one is just right for learning how to balance props, and I found it the most useful!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: AYA74

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic