Prop balancer

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a prop balancer for my p4 props. I know the dubro prop balancer is kind of the go to balancer but does it work with the p4 quick release props?

You'll need the 499 Du-Bro balancer. It comes with this rod. All P4 props will fit onto the end of that rod. If you buy a different model of the Du-Bro balancer, you'll need to buy that rod separately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchunter
I did find that all of my DJI OEM props were near perfect too by the way.

Reactions: Duchunter
I did find that all of my DJI OEM props were near perfect too by the way.
I didn't know it at the time but apparently I bought the knock off p4 props. They look like theh came out of the same mold but they don't say dji. I imagine they are desperately in need of balancing.

Once you find the light and heavy blades, spray the backside of the blade with clear spray paint. Start sparingly to get the perfect balance, but you guys probably already know this trick.:)
Jim

This may be just me but I find balancing to be tricky. When putting the blade on the balancing rod I may find one side of the blade to be heavy after several tests. Then if I take the rod off and back on the blade it may show a different result or balance issue after a second batch of tests.

As for the paint trick I didn't know that. The videos I watched mostly used sandpaper.

As for the paint trick I didn't know that. The videos I watched mostly used sandpaper.
I apply a thin strip of clear Scotch tape to the underside of the light side of the prop.

Reactions: jogforfitness
Before I bought my prop balancer, I simply used a mechanical pencil that had the right size point that fit the props. The DJI props all showed perfect balance but the carbon fiber props had exactly half of them out of balance, by a lot. Then I got smart and bought the Duo-Bro balancer from Amazon.com and again, it showed the same. So, I got the exact same results with either method but since I bought it, I use the Du-Bro one. I have not found a single DJI prop to be out of balance, none!
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic