Prop Balancer...are they worth it?

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a prop balancer for my P2V+v3, is it worth it? does balancing the OEM props really help? Can anyone recommend a decent prop balancer? Thanks

Last edited:
balancer.jpg

Reactions: IflyinWY
@kid168 We really never answered your question so here's my take on it . I also have the Du-Bro one and I just let it sit on my desk
with a prop on it for looks . It does a great job . I can't see no difference using it verses the glass .
I find it easier with the glass but that's just me .
I always check my new OEM props for balance before I will use them . I have only found a few that where a little off .
You can spend the money and get a store bought one or do as I did in the post above . I have never seen any difference
and have checked them against each other . JMO...Here's my store bought. could have used that money for another set of prop's ;)
balancer.jpg

what do you do if the prop is way off, trim a side until it's balanced? is there a place to remove material that doesn't affect the flight characteristics?

what do you do if the prop is way off, trim a side until it's balanced? is there a place to remove material that doesn't affect the flight characteristics?
I use scotch tape or fingernail polish on mine. Like the tape better .

Reactions: Electric Warrior
I find that the water glass works well. I have been experimenting with a new method of how to counter balance the prop. Instead of taking off material, I have taken a note from my R/C 3d helicopters and adding some tape. However the tape I have been successful with using is not whatever it was the R/C Helo stuff was but. From a roll of my "Tamiya" 1/4" masking tape. It's very thin and offers a virtual non-existent profile or change in prop shape Dynamics. Yet it's been enough with all my Inspire-1 props to do the job without having to use more than a 1.5 to 2" strip placed about midway at a imaginary centerline. I have hours of testing done with all types of conditions & there has been ZERO problems only nice smooth as silk balanced prop movements resulting in flawless video in the most extreme settings.....
Moose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@kid168 We really never answered your question so here's my take on it . I also have the Du-Bro one and I just let it sit on my desk
with a prop on it for looks . It does a great job . I can't see no difference using it verses the glass .
I find it easier with the glass but that's just me .
I always check my new OEM props for balance before I will use them . I have only found a few that where a little off .
You can spend the money and get a store bought one or do as I did in the post above . I have never seen any difference
and have checked them against each other . JMO...Here's my store bought. could have used that money for another set of prop's ;)
View attachment 23106
That what I use. Dubro & a prop rod.
I'll start a different fire - sand or tape?
I sand...

Reactions: dirkclod
That what I use. Dubro & a prop rod.
I'll start a different fire - sand or tape?
I sand...
Scotch Tape ! Hands down better :p

Reactions: Electric Warrior
You can buy the rods you need everywhere for no more than $15 shipped, I got mine on EBay & use a glass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Glass of what ? Rum
drunk.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.