Prop Balancer...are they worth it?

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a prop balancer for my P2V+v3, is it worth it? does balancing the OEM props really help? Can anyone recommend a decent prop balancer? Thanks

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@kid168 We really never answered your question so here's my take on it . I also have the Du-Bro one and I just let it sit on my desk
with a prop on it for looks . It does a great job . I can't see no difference using it verses the glass .
I find it easier with the glass but that's just me .
I always check my new OEM props for balance before I will use them . I have only found a few that where a little off .
You can spend the money and get a store bought one or do as I did in the post above . I have never seen any difference
and have checked them against each other . JMO...Here's my store bought. could have used that money for another set of prop's ;)
balancer.jpg

Reaction score
what do you do if the prop is way off, trim a side until it's balanced? is there a place to remove material that doesn't affect the flight characteristics?

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
what do you do if the prop is way off, trim a side until it's balanced? is there a place to remove material that doesn't affect the flight characteristics?
I use scotch tape or fingernail polish on mine. Like the tape better .

Reactions: Electric Warrior
Reaction score
I find that the water glass works well. I have been experimenting with a new method of how to counter balance the prop. Instead of taking off material, I have taken a note from my R/C 3d helicopters and adding some tape. However the tape I have been successful with using is not whatever it was the R/C Helo stuff was but. From a roll of my "Tamiya" 1/4" masking tape. It's very thin and offers a virtual non-existent profile or change in prop shape Dynamics. Yet it's been enough with all my Inspire-1 props to do the job without having to use more than a 1.5 to 2" strip placed about midway at a imaginary centerline. I have hours of testing done with all types of conditions & there has been ZERO problems only nice smooth as silk balanced prop movements resulting in flawless video in the most extreme settings.....
Moose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
@kid168 We really never answered your question so here's my take on it . I also have the Du-Bro one and I just let it sit on my desk
with a prop on it for looks . It does a great job . I can't see no difference using it verses the glass .
I find it easier with the glass but that's just me .
I always check my new OEM props for balance before I will use them . I have only found a few that where a little off .
You can spend the money and get a store bought one or do as I did in the post above . I have never seen any difference
and have checked them against each other . JMO...Here's my store bought. could have used that money for another set of prop's ;)
View attachment 23106
That what I use. Dubro & a prop rod.
I'll start a different fire - sand or tape?
I sand...

Reactions: dirkclod

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitch100