Programming a Moving TimeLapse?

Reaction score
Just curious, is there any way to program a time lapse, but to have the drone move very very slowly to get more of an affect?

Did a search and couldn't find anything.

I got my interval down to 2 seconds by shooting jpg. That was with Litchi.

I mean speed as in having the Phantom move very slowly while preforming a timelapse. Instead is staying still.

Are you trying to use the Phantom like you would a DSLR on a slider? That's probably not going to work. You'll never get movement that slow or stable. However, with short intervals, all kind's of other movement are possible. With the drone, your foreground can be very far away. In that situation faster movement becomes a good thing.

This Drone Timelapse of Minsk is Like Something Out of a Dream

You will probably want to do this as a waypoint mission. Dji GO4 can do this but is somewhat limited. Litchi is better and Autopilot can do this in all kinds of ways

Reactions: booziebrooks
Just curious, is there any way to program a time lapse, but to have the drone move very very slowly to get more of an affect?

Did a search and couldn't find anything.
Sounds like you're looking to do a hyperlapse segment?
This is an example of a short hyperlapse I shot from the ground -

Then, here is an example of an aerial timelapse segment I shot (with wind...) I was in a time crunch on this so I didn't attempt to add movement to the segment...

In theory, you should be able to accomplish this via waypoints in Litchi, but the question will be the timing of the shots. If you're OK with a little more delay between frames, I think you should be able to accomplish this.

Otherwise, it's been done manually. It will just require outstanding piloting skills to keep your course lined-up in the air.

Sounds like Litchi is the app to get. (I only have the Go 4 app currently)

Is it worth the $$ for Litchi?

Yes. I've spent more in the bar with nothing to show for it the next day - hangover excepted. Litchi keeps on giving, day after day, week after week, year after year.

YES! It's a very nice program for autonomous flight. The Litchi mission hub to preprogram flight waypoints on your PC is very cool. However you'll need an internet connection in the field to upload the mission from the cloud to your drone, using your iPad or Android device.

Any other pros for the app? Realized it's over 20$ lol
Did you realize you paid over $1000 for your craft? :D LOL?

Put it this way, I'll never buy a craft that doesn't support Litchi. It's that essential for me. It's the only way to consistently produce cinematic simultaneous multiple moves when capturing a fixed POI, without the slight pauses inherent in the Phantom when manually controlled, no matter how good of pilot you are.

You are quite the salesman.. haha!

Too bad I can't "try it out" for a few flights and see how I like it..

You are quite the salesman.. haha!

Too bad I can't "try it out" for a few flights and see how I like it..
If you were in So. Calif I'd show it to you. If you're on Android you have 24hrs to return it, right?

Have you checked out Litchi Mission Hub online? There are a bunch of videos on this subject, you could spend hours.

The really cool part is Mission hub provides you with MSL elevations, along with the relative elevation deltas to your first waypoint. Pretty powerful plotting tool.

I recently got Litchi and it is awesome! I don't want to say you shouldn't keep practicing your smooth moves etc. but this is a tool that can get shots you may not be able to get otherwise.
In this short clip, I'm at 250', when it stops, it both climbs to 400', and moves 200' back, and turns to point at the middle of the bridge, all in one move!

Geo

What, no music?! Sheesh. I recently tried to climb 100 feet while pulling back. Pushing one stick up, one stick back and rotating the camera dial - all at once and smoothly is a tricky move, even with a neck strap.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl