Professional Video Editing

Reaction score
I am pretty good at flying and getting some good footage, but need help with editing. I plan to go to some local golf courses in my area and take some fly by footage. I was wondering if I sent my footage to someone well versed in editing how much one would charge to edit my video? My plans are to submit my videos to the particular courses in exchange for free golf. I would not be selling anything, they would own the video to use as they wish and I would promote the course videos on my website. I would submit maybe 10 minutes of video to be edited to 2-3 minutes. Any takers?

Great work Spydertoph ! Even made me want to buy the house.......... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: BigAl07
Great work Spydertoph ! Even made me want to buy the house.......... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks! It was my first lifestyle branded real estate video, and one of my first production videos, so there is a lot wrong with it, but it's a good start.

I enjoyed it and I can't wait for the next!

Fyi, the house is super cute and in a great location. :)

My website is: www.****.com. I'm a photographer by profession and just getting into video, but I'm no stranger to Adobe products. Here is a link to a short real estate video I just made for my step-mom.

Sorry Spydertoph if my following comment seems harsh. You obviously has good video editing skill. However when I watched the early part of that video showing fast-forward of the cityscape and traffic, I don't see how it can convey any information about the city where your step-mom's house is located. I did not get any useful impression about the city. I feel it needs to show more of the local surrounding and community. The second half of the video showing the interior of the house is more useful.

Last edited:
Not harsh, it's the truth. If I could do it over I'd change at least those two driving timelapses and redo the skyline one as well (it's supposed to be a sunrise lol). The next one should be much better. :)

Sorry Spydertoph if my following comment seems harsh. You obviously has good video editing skill. However when I watched the early part of that video showing fast-forward of the cityscape and traffic, I don't see how it can convey any information about the city where your step-mom's house is located. I did not get any useful impression about the city. I feel it needs to show more of the local surrounding and community. The second half of the video showing the interior of the house is more useful.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Spydertoph , do you mind telling me what equipment you used for all the NON-aerial shots? The quality is excellent.

Also, did you use some sort of gimble or track to get the smooth side-to-side transitions in some scenes? (again the non-aerial shots)

I shoot with a Nikon D810 and I used two lenses for that video a 14-24mm and a 24-70mm. Shot at 1080p 60fps (forgot to down sample during export). Edited in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rothgarr
I am pretty good at flying and getting some good footage, but need help with editing. I plan to go to some local golf courses in my area and take some fly by footage. I was wondering if I sent my footage to someone well versed in editing how much one would charge to edit my video? My plans are to submit my videos to the particular courses in exchange for free golf. I would not be selling anything, they would own the video to use as they wish and I would promote the course videos on my website. I would submit maybe 10 minutes of video to be edited to 2-3 minutes. Any takers?
Hi be very careful as your exchange for golf lessons is a form of payment made to you for your services which will cause you a problem unless you have the right licence to charge as in FAA rules

Hi be very careful as your exchange for golf lessons is a form of payment made to you for your services which will cause you a problem unless you have the right licence to charge as in FAA rules
OH, I'm real sure that they will fine me, take my P3P and put me in jail. I'm giving them a free video and they like me and let me play free, if that's in violation, then they'll just have to lock me up. I really think they will have bigger fish to fry, do you?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl