problems with gimbal board ,sd slot

Reaction score
Hello to everyone , After I searched for a few days its time to register and ask for help.

So here it is...

I got broken p3p issue is that :

1. there is ni light on gimbal -EVER
2. if I put sd card it doesnt do anything like there is nothing there on mobile phone it says there is no card
3.if I connect drone with pc (to usb slot on gimbal) nothing happens
4. no image on screen
5. update requred -battery firmware

when I power up unit:

1. gimbal moves does his little dance,... reacts to movement etc.
2. I can fly wit drone no issues
3. i can recalibrate gimbal

latest firmware is on, tryed with several mobile phones, sd card, recalibrate imu and gimbal.

Hello to everyone , After I searched for a few days its time to register and ask for help.

So here it is...

I got broken p3p issue is that :

1. there is ni light on gimbal -EVER
2. if I put sd card it doesnt do anything like there is nothing there on mobile phone it says there is no card
3.if I connect drone with pc (to usb slot on gimbal) nothing happens
4. no image on screen
5. update requred -battery firmware

when I power up unit:

1. gimbal moves does his little dance,... reacts to movement etc.
2. I can fly wit drone no issues
3. i can recalibrate gimbal

latest firmware is on, tryed with several mobile phones, sd card, recalibrate imu and gimbal.

Sounds like a failed top board, contradictive as the gimbal does the dance i know, but the top board has 2 functions, 1 is the video side of things and the other is the gimbal movement

Gimbal board right? Thats my idea also.
Since I get power from motherboard of the drone (little gray cable 8 pins) it must be issue with gimbal board. I even know why.... drone had issue with IMU, it could not be calibrated. I got it with that error... changed the IMU and thats fine now. I guess previus owner tryed to solve imu and fryed the gimbal board.
Does anybody have gimbal board to sell?

You seem to have issue with Ambarella chip. The chip is either not powered or dead.

The whole gimbal+camera does get 12V from main board since gimbal moves. So either buck converters which power Ambarella are damaged, or Ambarella itself.

Buck converters can be verified and fixed by any electronics repair shop.
For Ambarella, it's harder, and only proper repair shops could fix it - at least physically, because for reflashing its software I haven't heard any success story so far.

You may try searching for a refurbished board in china - people there were repairing and reselling boards, maybe they still have some. In general, Gimbal Top Board is the usual point of failure, so it is the hardest one to get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan