Problems taking photos

Reaction score
Hello All

I havent flown my drone for quite a while (Phantom 4)
Now i cant take any pictures or videos.
If i have a Microsd card inserted into the drone and i click on the screen or i use the photobutton on the remote nothing happens. THere is no sound, no animation and no picture/video taken.
If i remove the Microsd card the drone takes pictures.

Newest firmware is installed, i tried a brand new sd card.
Reset of the drone didnt help aswell. (Might not have worked)
Also, i cant format my sd cart in the camerasettings.

Any clues why that is?

I really need the drone atm. Because of the coronavirus our airport is mostly shutdown so i got permission to use the drone in the airport zone. But the lockdown will end soon and so does my permission to fly...

Does P4 recognize the SD card? Does the red warning “no sd card” go away? Did you store it with an SD card installed?

Just adding to questions from Starz to try to find an answer.

Does P4 recognize the SD card? Does the red warning “no sd card” go away? Did you store it with an SD card installed?

Just adding to questions from Starz to try to find an answer.
Have you put the SD card into the desktop or laptop and see that it is empty, formatted properly, readable, not damaged, contacts bright and shiny?

Cable: i used 2 differen ones and another phone (the one i usualy use and another one)
Recognise SD Cart: Yes it does
Storing: Yes, the SD card was in it when i stored it, but i replaced it by now and still the same problem.
PC: I Tried formatting it with my pc to exFat and Fat32, but both of those wont work.

Sounds like a bad SD card if it wont format.
Try a new SD card. first format it in the PC, then insert to the drone. If it doesn't work, put it back in the PC to see if it got screwed up by the drone. If so, I dont have an answer to that. Anyone?

did that already. i bought a new sd cart
i formatet it in fat32 and exFat, both wont work. The drone accepts it i guess but when i click on format it starts and than gives an error. but the card looks fine.

Is the New sd card a high quality brand? And of high writing speed?
I always format the card in the camera.
It’s rare, but there has been reports of faulty New sd cards, especially if they are of the cheaper brands.

its a good quality one: Sandisk ExtremePro 32GB with a 90MB/s write speed. That should be more than enought, shouldnt it? (im not recording in 4k or anything, mostly just taking pictures, but i mean i cant eaven format it.
I think its something with the circuit aswell... Do you think someone will buy such a drone for like 400-500$?
or how much would itr still be worth? i also have 2 batteries, one of them shows a problem with a cell, still functions good, just discharges pretty fast when storing it. but that isnt a problem for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20