problem working with cell phone app

Reaction score
I'm a new user. Flew my Phantom 3 today for the first time. II was able to control it manually, but was not able to use the app on my windows 10 phone. I can't get it past the camera controls. I don't want to use the camera. Any suggestions? Can I set it to come back to home only using the controller? How?

First of all, what was the problem here?
Standard - Can't get my Phantom 3 to work

"Can I set it to come back to home only using the controller? "
If your are talking about modifying RTH settings, then nope.

Stay on this thread, please don't start I new one.
It makes it hard when we are trying to help. The clues get spread out in different places. ;)

We need to get your phone connected, no matter what.
Unless you really want to crash it or loose it.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
was not able to use the app on my windows 10 phone.
I'm not sure if there has ever been a Windows phone version of the app for P3 models. I would suggest getting at least a cheap Android tablet for flying since you'll need to access settings. Perhaps as an interim fix you could borrow a compatible mobile device from someone (friend / family) to get the settings stored on the AC set properly for your use case. Still, I strongly suggest getting a compatible mobile device of your own. People have posted many dozens of times asking for suggestion on mobile devices. You should be able to find those in a quick search.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Mondays....

I was thinking iPhone 10.

Homerstress.jpg

Thanks Man!

Rod

Reactions: JoBe
First of all, what was the problem here?
Standard - Can't get my Phantom 3 to work

"Can I set it to come back to home only using the controller? "
If your are talking about modifying RTH settings, then nope.

Stay on this thread, please don't start I new one.
It makes it hard when we are trying to help. The clues get spread out in different places. ;)

We need to get your phone connected, no matter what.
Unless you really want to crash it or loose it.

Rod
Rod,

I think the first thing I should do is connect my iPhone 10 to my Phantom 3 Standard via Bluetooth.

Can you walk me through it?

• Sad
Do you have the manual?

Take a look here:https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/

This link is from that web sight:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Phantom does not need to be on in this step.
Remote Control on you should see a WiFi signal from the Remote Phantom something, don't remember exact.
This WifI SSID should show up with any thing that can connect to WiFi, including a laptop.
If there is no signal, then the remote has a problem.

Connect to the remote with your iPhone, the default pass word is 12341234, I think I need to look that up also.

Then we can go to the next step. ;)
Power up the Phantom.....

Rod

Do you have the manual?

Take a look here:https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-3-Standard/

This link is from that web sight:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Phantom does not need to be on in this step.
Remote Control on you should see a WiFi signal from the Remote Phantom something, don't remember exact.
This WifI SSID should show up with any thing that can connect to WiFi, including a laptop.
If there is no signal, then the remote has a problem.

Connect to the remote with your iPhone, the default pass word is 12341234, I think I need to look that up also.

Then we can go to the next step. ;)
Power up the Phantom.....

Rod
I deleted and re-installed DJI Go. It is asking if I want to connect to Bluetooth to connect to Bluetooth accessories. Do I,or Don't I?

I deleted and re-installed DJI Go. It is asking if I want to connect to Bluetooth to connect to Bluetooth accessories. Do I,or Don't I?
It is not going to work via bluetooth, I don't even know why it would be asking that, you don't even need DJI active or installed for this first step.

You just need to connect your Phone to the WiFi signal from the remote, same as you would any WiFi network.

Rod

Look on setup in your phone to wifi, activatie that, power up your remote. look on your phone 4 An accesspoint Phantom xxxxx OR something like that. select that, IT will ask 4 a password, mostly IT is 12341234. Then connect to you remote, start the app, power on your Phantom, select on you phone the right Phantom select camera and Viola, that's IT. IT can take up to 1 minuten be4 you can see the screen of the Phantom camera.
I cant phone you because i live in the Netherlands, would be An expensive call 4 me.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Mooi, kijk 4 wifi-toegang, zoiets als phantomxxxxxxx. Eigen wachtwoord is 12341234. Verbind vervolgens wifi-telefoon met wifi-afstandsbediening, schakel Phantom in, de app op uw telefoon Een verbinding via the app with your Phantom. That's IT.
Well I hope he understands that, I don't. :)

Rod

• Haha
Technology!! :rolleyes:

Rod

@FDR1,
Give us an update, we are waiting.
If you got more questions or you got it figured out, and what was wrong. ;)

Rod

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
@FDR1,
Where did you go?
We really want to know if you did or didn't figure this out, it helps us all in the future!

Rod

another guy who ghosts us so nobody else can learn from the thread

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic