Problem with RC and Phantom 3 communication

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I have made some modifications in the Phantom, because of a project of mine. I removed the camera and put new legs (don't know if it is the correct word). Everything was going well, nothing went wrong with the drone. But last Thursday (18/07), I tried to download the log files from it without the camera/DJI GO, and using only the USB cable. I thought it was possible, but it wasn't. I tried a desktop DJI's software called "DJI Assistant for Phantom", but nothing happened. So I let it go.

Then yesterday (22/07), when I turned both (RC and AC) on, the drone's lights started to blink yellow rapidly and the Link Button is now solid red. I know it means that the Phantom lost communication with the RC, because of it I put the camera back, so I could check DJI GO info about it. As you can see on the images below, everything in the "Status" bar is OK, but it says "Signal Lost", on the other hand the RC's LED is solid green.

I thought it could be a firmware problem, some mismatch between the RC and the AC. But the DJI GO says "Latest Firmware". Don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

I have already tried the re-Link with the app or manually. The RC never stop beeping.

Have a nice day!

Screenshot_20190723-092218_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-092228_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-092232_DJI GO.jpg
Screenshot_20190723-092249_DJI GO.jpg
20190723_092131.jpg
20190723_092310.jpg
20190723_092322.jpg

OK ... you have a P3 Standard ... it needs to be stated clearly what model it is as the models have different control systems.

OK ... looking at your photos - you have WiFi link - which is Video / Telemetry. The data slots also confirm that ...

But you have no FLIGHT CONTROL 5.8Ghz link ...

The top line just to right of the Signal Lost box ... has a small icon of the Controller. The bars next to it are greyed out - this means no signal at all. Next you have the WiFi signal bars which are full - showing you have good WiFi connection.

You mention you have RC beeping ............ that's because its not getting its relay back saying 5.8Ghz is linked.

On Youtube are various videos related to the 'constant beeping' and how to link / cure the error. Just search for Phantom Beeping ...

Hello guys,

Thank you for your answers.

The Phantom is back online. The problem was the firmware of the AC, as I suspected.

I had to reinstall de firmware of the P3S. So to do this there is a "hidden" function in the DJI GO app, at least I didn't know about it, that gives this possibility.

Basically you have to hold the menu button for about 5 seconds until a new window appears.
Screenshot_20190729-183516_DJI GO.jpg

Unfortunately the P3S isn't here with me, but you should be able to reinstall the firmware both of the AC and RC.

Screenshot_20190729-183539_DJI GO.jpg

Thanks again for your answers. Have a nice week!

Hello guys,

Thank you for your answers.

The Phantom is back online. The problem was the firmware of the AC, as I suspected.

I had to reinstall de firmware of the P3S. So to do this there is a "hidden" function in the DJI GO app, at least I didn't know about it, that gives this possibility.

Basically you have to hold the menu button for about 5 seconds until a new window appears.
View attachment 113365View attachment 113365

Unfortunately the P3S isn't here with me, but you should be able to reinstall the firmware both of the AC and RC.

View attachment 113367View attachment 113367

Thanks again for your answers. Have a nice week!

Ah, I forgot to say that I opened the AC and RC to check if there was something wrong with the connections. Initially my concern was about the connections of the 5.8GHz module from the P3S and the RC, but everything was alright, at least for a simple look.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1