Problem with connection aircraft with RC

I am using a samsung tab s2 without any issues. This is what I do.
With everything powered off including your tablet.

1. Connect tablet to controller but do not turn tablet on yet.
2. Turn on controller. Leave tablet off.
3. Turn on aircraft. Confirm the green led light on controller next to charging led lights.
4. Turn on tablet.

If this doesn't work. One time I couldn't get a image, I finally realized I had the camera setting on Manual (Setting were way off) and once I switched to Auto I got the video feed back.

This is probably not much help to you, but thought I would try to help anyways. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I also have the S2 and had big problems getting the Go app to provide the "Go Fly" button and most of the time I'd only get the "Enter Device" button. I then developed the technique, much as KingDad1985 and that worked most all the time with the previous firmware but has become spotty with the latest firmware. My specific sequence was to power on the drone and RC and once the green LED on the RC comes on indicating a connection between bird and RC I would turn the tablet on.

Actually, what I usually did was turn on the bird and RC and the tablet would pop on because the RC powered up and at that point I'd tell the tablet to reset power and usually by the time the tablet had powered back on I'd get the Go app to pop up automatically with the "Go Fly" button available. But, with the new firmware this procedure which worked nearly 100% of the time with the older firmware became less reliable. On my tour of central and southern Utah a couple weeks back I had planned another shot at catching the Amtrak Zephyr and had calculated the time it would be where I planed to be and I figured on getting the bird in the air about 6-8 minutes before that in case the train was a few minutes early or late. However, at the time I wanted to get the bird in the air the Go app would not provide the "Go Fly" button so I cycled power on the tablet again -- no help. So, I reset power on the bird, RC and tablet and this time the Go app gave me the "Go Fly" button, but pressing the button did nothing. One the fourth attempt to cycle power I look up and the train is passing -- $^%$##!

So, there appears to be two separate though related problems with some tablet: not offering the "Go Fly" button just the "Enter Device" button; and the Go app not always responding to the buttons that are there. DJI, as always, claim this is not there problem and suggests you buy another tablet but this is 100% bullsh!t. I do not have any problems connecting my S2 to any PC I have, and I have never had any other app that didn't respond to button presses 100% of the time.

What I found to work better for me with the new firmware was to power on the bird first, then, a bit latter, turn on the RC, then cycle power on the tablet -- so far this is working most of the time.

So, let's recap ...

I have numerous video defects with video recorded with the P4P and Adobe PP seems to have problems with the video files the P4P generates though I have no such problems with ANY OTHER CAMERA I OWN! On top of that we have this RC-Tablet connection issue with the flaky touch response but this only happens with the Go app and NO OTHER APP! So, Adobe PP may well have problems that play a roll in the video defects I see but it doesn't have that problem with any other camera. And, the weirdness with the Samsung S2-RC thing and the touch issue is, once again, something that only happens with the Go app.

So, in spite of the evidence to the contrary DJI insists they are not the problem but Adobe and Samsung are -- I'm calling bullsh!t!

Brian

Reactions: Domikk
Is anyone using an NVIDIA SHIELD? I was doing fine with it for about 10-15 flights and all of the sudden, I can't get the app to function. I can still fly but blind.

So, in spite of the evidence to the contrary DJI insists they are not the problem but Adobe and Samsung are -- I'm calling bullsh!t!

Brian

Thats what Im thinking too! With Phantom 3pro I didnt have any problem for last one year.

I refresh my Galaxy tab s2 to newest android firmware 3 days ago and till now 4 flights ,4 times doesnt have any problem! So I stay with my Galaxy Tab and see what will happend.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94