Pro V2 Image Vibration

Reaction score
Hello Phantom folks,

I have a Phantom Pro V2 that's almost new- maybe 3 hours of flight time. Never crashed, always stowed in a proper case.

I recorded my niece's softball game this last weekend and was dismayed to find that the majority of the footage has this rapid vibration- I don't know if that's the proper way to describe it, but I attached a video. That footage was recorded on accident- apparently I started recording while I was setting up and calibrating the compass, so it's just sitting on the ground, the props aren't spinning, and the vibration is clearly visible.

Is this some obvious configuration issue that I missed, or is there something actually broken? Any advice is appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I couldn't see any vibration until you picked the drone up,mayby you could do another short flight showing what it does or pick it up softly while recording and move it around as if it in flight,,,,give it a gimble calibration before you do to see if it comes ok
No need to to compass calibration unless it tells you to,,most times under status the compass comes up in yellow but that's normal for all phantoms,it does not mean calibrate,,,,the name for this is called jello if I remember right

Reactions: Oso
The vibration's there, alright. Ianzone - focus on the poles. Or time for a larger monitor, perhaps? :)
I have no idea what it could be, especially without the motors running. I suspect a gimbal problem... anyone else?

The vibration's there, alright. Ianzone - focus on the poles. Or time for a larger monitor, perhaps? :)
I have no idea what it could be, especially without the motors running. I suspect a gimbal problem... anyone else?
Lol and some glasses might be needed to I think
Is this what we look at,I watch on my 10/1 tablet but not see this noise like pattern till I zoomed in,,,other posts are normal,,I expected to see the actual clip moving around bit more,,posts,white table,tree branches, after zoom I can see all of it
Screenshot_20210728-144315_Gallery.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Phantom folks,

I have a Phantom Pro V2 that's almost new- maybe 3 hours of flight time. Never crashed, always stowed in a proper case.

I recorded my niece's softball game this last weekend and was dismayed to find that the majority of the footage has this rapid vibration- I don't know if that's the proper way to describe it, but I attached a video. That footage was recorded on accident- apparently I started recording while I was setting up and calibrating the compass, so it's just sitting on the ground, the props aren't spinning, and the vibration is clearly visible.

Is this some obvious configuration issue that I missed, or is there something actually broken? Any advice is appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Are you referring to the squiggles on the post where I put arrow,,have a look in your settings and turn on and off the noise reduction slider switch ,,or over exposure switch and maybe try different cam exposure setting ,I dont think the cam is vibrating just looking at clip,,its something in the cam setting causing it I'm thinking,

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely no vibrations. Sometimes the effect like vibrations can be because of low frames per sec.
And the resolution also can be the source.
Whatever I don't see vibrations in your clip.

What was the frame rate on the softball video? Did you use ND filters to slow the shutter speed to double the frame rate?

Cool I dont need glasses then lol,,,agree,no vibration but clearly a noise issue! Faulty sensor mayby if no cam settings change anything,I read that sensor thing somewhere before
Screenshot_20210729-075746_Gallery.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.