Pro 4 Sensor Issues

Reaction score
I've owned the P4Pro for about two months. It flies well and have no issues...until I take it to the beach. The Sensors see the coast, rocks and trees as objects. I've brought it straight up 75 feet and it still won't go forward.... even at that height. The only way that I could fly it was to turn all of the sensors off. Is this normal?
Thanks for your help !!!

No, I have not used Beginner mode since January.... Flies fine in the bright sun or clouds.... but once I'm at the beach I can't use the sensors at all.... even 75 - 80 feet high.....I keep getting the BRAKING warning...over and over and over again. It will not fly forward. The phantom seems to think there is a wall right in front of it. It flies fine once I shut the sensors off. Oddly enough it only happens at the beach, around the rocks/water.

Here is a short video of what I'm dealing with..... The issue is that, as you notice, I bring it straight up, take some photos... every time I move the right stick forward.. it sounds an alarm that says Braking.... the only way to fly was to shut the sensors off. Seems to me that flying that high up ... the sensors would not sense anything. Also I did not notice that the camera settings were whacked... I had it on auto... but this is what it "automatically set"... I've changed those settings and now use manual. However the sensor issue persists, but only at the beaches.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Problem is more than likely the sun blinding the forward sensors as mentioned above

Problem is more than likely the sun blinding the forward sensors as mentioned above[/QUOTE

The sun is at my back here... and at other times it's off to the sides, never facing the sun. Even on a wicked cloudy day... this will NOT fly at the beach with Sensors on.... take them off and it flies perfect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers