Pro 3

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pro 3 and have not flown it for about a year, before I do should I update the firmware ?

Hi, I have a pro 3 and have not flown it for about a year, before I do should I update the firmware ?
We’ve seen reported here too many times that someone put away their P3P when it was working perfectly, and then X months/years later they dusted it off again only to find it no longer works. Often it’s no image transmission. At the very least, test it for functionality before introducing any variables such as different firmware. Also, I’d be 100% sure that I knew which versions of FW are currently on both the AC and the RC before changing anything. That applies at any time in fact.

Just to echo what the others have said however, if it were mine I would not update it right away if ever. Everyone needs to make their own choice on that based on their use case and comfort with risk.

I do agree with what the other posts have said.
Although on the other end of the subject, I have updated every one of mine (8) without any issues at all.
As said in the previous posts, consider checking for total functionality before even considering updating. If you decide to update,Use A Fan while the update is in progress! Many gimbals have been fried by not keeping the gimbal cool in the process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164