Prices for Inspire 1 dropping?

Reaction score
Hey all! So I don't know if it's just a coincidence these past weeks but I've been seeing used/good condition DJI Inspire 1 drones some with 1 or 3 batteries go for $500 to $650. Some with a camera. Some without. To me it seems like a great price. Am I totally wrong on that? Is there a reason for the reduced price or is that just what an Inspire 1 should be going for anyways. Thanks!

Not many people want it - it's bulky and requires longer setups than all the new Mavics.
I believe this is the cause.

The Inspire camera is way more sensitive than in Mavics, but that's actually the only advantage nowadays.
Well, you can also put way more weight on it, but that's not really needed for most users.

If you crash into people with Mavic, it will sting at most; for Inspire - there will be blood and stiches.

Some of the old Inspires may have the known issue with DaVinci chip deprogramming (causing no FPV, like in Ph3s). But that's easy to fix.

I agree the prices are quite good compared how much it was back in the days.

It's an awesome UAS to fly and bein able to change cameras is a big plus. But... the batteries are a sticking point and one reason why I sold my Inspire 2 last year.

IMHO there is no comparison between the Inspire series and the Mavic as they are totally different platforms and each has a strong niche. I owned both at the same time and each has strong and weak points with few overlaps. It's like owning a pickup truck and a snazzy sports car. Yes there is some overlap but they both have their uses and I don't like to put firewood in the sports car. LOL

They've become quite popular with the fishing crowd. Large carrying capacity at a very reasonable price. But they corrode quickly. Screws are low quality stainless.

Hey all! So I don't know if it's just a coincidence these past weeks but I've been seeing used/good condition DJI Inspire 1 drones some with 1 or 3 batteries go for $500 to $650. Some with a camera. Some without. To me it seems like a great price. Am I totally wrong on that? Is there a reason for the reduced price or is that just what an Inspire 1 should be going for anyways. Thanks!

The reason for the drastic drop in price is that the aircraft is no longer supported. Finding batteries for it is next to impossible and if you do, chances are high that you will pay double if not triple what the original price was. Despite some of the comments here I've seen, the Inspire was a capable platform and served us well for three years mapping small to medium tracts of land and construction sites. The X3 gimbal/camera was the biggest limitation at 12MP which required a flight altitude of 95 feet to maintain a decent GSD. Other than that, I was happy with it.

Reactions: BigAl07 and Capt KO
Disappointing to read cause they still costly here,cheapest used I can find is 1500 for very used one and couple grand+ for new!,,me still like these,I have cheap mini version cause cant afford the real one,,to make it worse we now in a recession cause of covid,
One day I hope to post ""yay look what I buy""
Probably be obsolete by the time I get one ,,,dreams are free at least lol

Reactions: Capt KO
Wow. You guys are bringing to light a lot of valid points. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on one. I guess I held the Inspire series to a higher standard than they're owed? I was certain it was a drone worth owning even with the Mavic series being an option.

Wow. You guys are bringing to light a lot of valid points. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on one. I guess I held the Inspire series to a higher standard than they're owed? I was certain it was a drone worth owning even with the Mavic series being an option.
Yeh same had no idea of these issues,,ha I still want one!,,
The cam sounds big let down,I did think they use for TV use like some stock car tracks here,,,I notice now day ""drift NZ use racing fvp drones ""must amazing footage which I though the inspire be more than capable of

There is NO REASON to buy an Inspire 1 AT ALL. Inferior camera to any f the current DJI models, lower battery time to any current DJI Models. BIG Bulky and heavy! Of course there is the cool factor!

There is NO REASON to buy an Inspire 1 AT ALL. Inferior camera to any f the current DJI models, lower battery time to any current DJI Models. BIG Bulky and heavy! Of course there is the cool factor!

? Too true to ignore. Bummer. I'd always thought I'd be able to justify buying one.

That’s consistent in my area. Older tech and largely been replaced by the Mavic series.

Reactions: BigAl07
It (Inspire 1 v2) was a good platform in its day but it's day has passed. I bought in at $3300.00 for a full package in 2016? and it served me well. DJI in their infinite ignorance chose to sell the Inspire 2 and the camera separately which effectively doubled the cost of the aircraft to around $7500.00. The camera improved but the airframe is basically the same. I decided to replace my small aircraft slot with a Phantom 4 Pro v2 instead at a significant savings.

Aside from the obvious, the Inspire 1 v2 is a beautiful machine doing exactly what it was designed to do with great effectiveness and pinache. If you've always wanted one and never got one, then find something else to ease the disappointment. If you need something with increased performance/payload or dependability, then have at it. I still enjoy the s*7&t out of flying mine and the challenges it poses. That goes for the three P3Ps I have as well. The I2 COULD have been much better but alas .. Our options remain limited sadly ...

Reactions: R Martin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen