Pretty sure I got a lemon

Reaction score
Received a Vision 2+ yesterday from PowerHobby for a commercial shoot this weekend. Spent all day trying to connect to the camera via the app and get the camera to read an SD card. No luck.

Symptoms:

Vision App Indicates No SD Card even though one is installed (tried multiple cards)

Camera LED light stays orange. Never goes green or red or flashes.

Camera will not even manually take a picture with the button on the unit itself.

Conclusion:

I can only assume that the camera unit is bad and will have to be replaced. Sure doesn't help me this weekend...

The camera is simply not going to work without an SD card. So it seems all of your issues are with the SD card. The SD card needs to be formatted FAT. The P2 should come with a card that is already formatted though. Make sure it's pushed all the way in the gimbal.

Note: You probably wanted to have a _lot_ more practice with the P2 before doing commercial filming. Perhaps you have prior experience.

The camera is simply not going to work without an SD card. So it seems all of your issues are with the SD card. The SD card needs to be formatted FAT. The P2 should come with a card that is already formatted though. Make sure it's pushed all the way in the gimbal.

Note: You probably wanted to have a _lot_ more practice with the P2 before doing commercial filming. Perhaps you have prior experience.

Thanks for the response. I have quite a bit of experience on the commercial side. The card that came with it seems to fine and I've tried three others that I have used in other Phantoms with the same result. The LED is what really puzzles me. It should at least flash during the boot up process and it does nothing. Things like this always happen at the most costly times.

Does the gimbal initialise?
Check the 3 cables coming down from the phantom to the gimbal board and make sure they all sit firmly. I know that the SD card can get greyed out because the cable was damaged.
Did you a recent firmware update?
Does the firmware show up in the Phantom assist?

Try this guy to reset the phantom NAZA and camera firmware.

The gimbal does initialize. It's brand new out of the box so no firmware updates. Tried to install the camera firmware update with the sd card but it really doesn't see the card at all. I'm baffled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav