Preparing phantom 3 For Sale - What should be done?

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there should be anything further formatted or deleted to return the phantom back to factory stock status?

I deleted the .dat files via usb connection, and formatted the sd card but is there anything else?

I googled and found an article about an option within the go app to format flight recorder but that option doesn't appear to be there any longer; would deleting the .dat files be just as good?

Thanks

I was just wondering if there should be anything further formatted or deleted to return the phantom back to factory stock status?

I deleted the .dat files via usb connection, and formatted the sd card but is there anything else?

I googled and found an article about an option within the go app to format flight recorder but that option doesn't appear to be there any longer; would deleting the .dat files be just as good?

Thanks
Simply formatting the card doesn't actually erase anything... your media can still be easily recovered. I suggest doing an overwrite erase, which writes 0's over all the blocks of the card, then formats. I don't believe you can do it using the stock Windows format command, but there is freeware available that can do it. You can do it on iOS and Linux via command line natively.

Hi
I am also trying to sell my P3 .. but I cant find how to delete the DAT files ??
I can see them in windows in data mode ... but they are gray and wont let me delete

Please could you let me know how you managed to do it

Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl