Precise Fly Safe Database Update

Reaction score
Hello you learned Folk. Can someone please advise what "Precise Fly Safe Database Update," actually means and additionally, how do I go about doing the update, should it be required? My on screen prompt advises that an update will ensure my flight safety. I've gone through the steps of connecting mobile phone/iPad with cable to controller, but nothing happens. As an aside, I am in awe of you Folk who read flight paths and determine possible failure causes. What a wonderful Forum. Congrats. Mic.I live in Australia if this helps someone to shed some light on my problem.

Reactions: Willis1951
Can someone please advise what "Precise Fly Safe Database Update," actually means
It will update the list of GEO zones on your Phantom to help you stay out of locations where you're not allowed to fly and show you locations where you need to notify local airports before flying.

should it be required?
Probably, but the updates are optional. DJI GO will keep prompting you to update that database until you do it.

how do I go about doing the update
Connect your mobile device to the Internet, start DJI GO, and tap "Update Now" if you see this message:

Thank you sincerely for replying. I will take your advice and let you know how I get on. Cheers, Mic

Hello you learned Folk. Can someone please advise what "Precise Fly Safe Database Update," actually means and additionally, how do I go about doing the update, should it be required? My on screen prompt advises that an update will ensure my flight safety. I've gone through the steps of connecting mobile phone/iPad with cable to controller, but nothing happens. As an aside, I am in awe of you Folk who read flight paths and determine possible failure causes. What a wonderful Forum. Congrats. Mic.I live in Australia if this helps someone to shed some light on my problem.
I did, however, I live in Dubbo which is quite close to the airport, now I find I can’t tske off anywhere in town, whilst I purchased the drone for fun, I was occasionally using it to look at rooftops rather than getting up a ladder adding to my safety, so wish I hadn’t.

I did, however, I live in Dubbo which is quite close to the airport, now I find I can’t tske off anywhere in town, whilst I purchased the drone for fun, I was occasionally using it to look at rooftops rather than getting up a ladder adding to my safety, so wish I hadn’t.

My experience is different. Before updating the Precise Fly Safe Database the geofenciing would not let me take off in my own yard or living room because I live close to a rural, no-tower airport with very little traffic.

After the update there's no problem. The difference is that the old system simply measure a circular distance from the airport, but the new one takes into account the direction of the runway and lightens the restriction if you're out of the flight path, but lengthens the restrictions in the direction the runway points. Now I can take off in my living room without going through a process to clear the restriction for 24 hours, which requires a WiFi connection from the controller of my P4A+, which has no cellular data capability.

I like it. It makes sense.

Reactions: Quest-So
If it ain't, broke, don't fix it! Never update unless you have a compelling reason to do so, such as NOT being able to fly where you should be able to. Any update, where everything was working perfectly before the update, is a crap shoot of DJI changes which may deprive you of your ability to legally fly, and introduce a host of new bugs and Trojan Horses that may later cripple your aircraft. Caveat emptor! :oops:

Reactions: With The Birds

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj